A few issues

Jason B-B

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Street Guardian SG9665GC
Hi guys,

Installed this cam on Sunday, I'm using the supplied 32Gb kingston card, it seems to throw up files that can't be opened, someone borrowed my car today and only 1 file which I can't open came up in the list, really annoying when that is something you want to watch!

How does the lock file button work? I have pressed it a few times of footage I would like to keep and it lights up the screen but when I check the card later it hasn't been saved in the other folder and unless you take a note of the time how would you ever know which file it is, how do you lock a file?

What software are you guys using? I use a Mac so I can watch the clips easily enough but something with some more functions would be handy, I downloaded DataKamPlayer but that doesn't even show the picture, I get sound and a black screen, I also downloaded Dashcam viewer, that has a few features but you can't export clips or anything.

How do you check the firmware? on the http://streetguardian.info/support site I downloaded the firmware as it says the instructions are with the download but I can't open the RAR file.

Any tips for a Mac user would be great and how to lock files.

Every time you use memory card in Mac you need to format card inside ag9665gc beforw start recording. Please try and let us know.

So I figured out the cam is running the September 2015 firmware, I downloaded the March firmware along with a RAR extractor, it seems pretty simple to update the firmware from the instructions but it doesn't update, I formatted the card in the dashcam, turned it off, took the card out inserted into my Mac and moved the bin file onto the card then ejected the card from the Mac, inserted the card back into the dashcam and turned on, the dashcam then just starts as normal, check the version number in the menu and its still the Sept 2015.

I hadn't had any out of the ordinary recording issues after viewing and deleting the files on the card.

Firmware is correct for your camera, you need to format the card in camera after you've had it in the Mac

To lock files press once to turn the screen on, press again to lock the file

So I figured out the cam is running the September 2015 firmware, I downloaded the March firmware along with a RAR extractor, it seems pretty simple to update the firmware from the instructions but it doesn't update, I formatted the card in the dashcam, turned it off, took the card out inserted into my Mac and moved the bin file onto the card then ejected the card from the Mac, inserted the card back into the dashcam and turned on, the dashcam then just starts as normal, check the version number in the menu and its still the Sept 2015.

I hadn't had any out of the ordinary recording issues after viewing and deleting the files on the card.
if you have only just got the cam and have September firmware I don't think you can downgrade to March firmware any more as not compatible. but jokiin can answer that for sure.

They locked the sensor calibration data into a protected memory area so it will no longer get over written during the next firmware update. Once the sensor is calibrated perfect at the factory, it will stay that way for the life of the product.

They locked the sensor calibration data into a protected memory area so it will no longer get over written during the next firmware update. Once the sensor is calibrated perfect at the factory, it will stay that way for the life of the product.
So what does that mean to those of us who have earlier hardware/firmware?

They locked the sensor calibration data into a protected memory area so it will no longer get over written during the next firmware update. .

correct and rolling back to the old firmware would break this

we will be doing an update for the cameras that are already out there which will move some settings into a protected memory area also, still working on that but all being well should have it sorted this month

your update is coming, we had to split this due to the way calibration is locked in now
OK. I'm currently running 0906.xxx beta (I think). Anything unique in my case?

The next public firmware release for previous GC customers will still need to re-calibrate the sensor at least one time. We'll provide detailed step by step instructions with a video once it's ready.

The next public firmware release for previous GC customers will still need to re-calibrate the sensor at least one time. We'll provide detailed step by step instructions with a video once it's ready.

we will have another update for you to try soon as we move a couple of settings to the protected memory area

Cool. I love playing with tech toys. :D

...What software are you guys using? I use a Mac so I can watch the clips easily enough but something with some more functions would be handy, I downloaded DataKamPlayer but that doesn't even show the picture, I get sound and a black screen...

Any tips for a Mac user would be great and how to lock files.

Welcome @Jason B-B . I am also a Mac user & I experienced the same issue with Datakam Player. It only happens if you have the microSD card with the video footage mounted before you open Datakam Player. If you open Datakam Player before mounting your microSD card then all should be OK. No idea why this happens, one of those things I guess!:confused:

Hope this works for you!;)

Welcome @Jason B-B . I am also a Mac user & I experienced the same issue with Datakam Player. It only happens if you have the microSD card with the video footage mounted before you open Datakam Player. If you open Datakam Player before mounting your microSD card then all should be OK. No idea why this happens, one of those things I guess!:confused:

wasn't aware of that (not being a Mac user and all), thanks for the tip :D

Thanks for the tip. Now maybe I can get it to work.

Back