A few questions regarding B4K

caliblood

Reaction score
Country
United States
1) How can I delete protected files on the camera without putting the memory card in a computer

2) How to set parking mode event trigger sensitivity, separate from regular driving mode? While driving, I dont want the video file to be protected on every bump or pothole. But in parking mode, I want very sensitive for every little bump, car door slam.

3) Which parking mode uses less battery? Assuming there is no actual motion and no events. Motion detect or Event trigger?

4) It appears both parking modes work intermittently. I hit the camera and flick it hard with my finger. The blue light doesnt turn on and no video is recorded. I have confirmed the constant power source still has 12.6 volts. The hardwire kit is set to 12.4v and the other switch is all the way left.

Same thing with Motion. Sometimes it doesnt work. I also confirm 12.6~ volts at the constant power source and 0v at the switched source.

Dashcam works in regular driving mode

Thanks

The sad reality of dashcams is that in almost all of them motion detect is useless and G-sensor (called event trigger in this cam) isn't much better. It's a rare cam where motion detect works well, and somewhat uncommon for g-sensor to do well. All cams advertise these 'features' anyway :(

In parking mode, cams without pre-buffering have a delay between detection of an event and the start of recording. This varies from about one second to several seconds. In that time the culprit may have moved, sometimes even disappeared from view. Without prebuffering these regular parking modes may be worthless which is why many newer cams offer low-bitrate' recording for parking instead- it misses nothing.

Motion detect has the cam operating but not writing to the card until activated, thus it uses almost the same amount of power as driving recording. G-sensor has the cam booted, but not operating till activated, so that uses less power. With prebuffering or low-bitrate they're all nearly the same.

Wish I had a better answer for you, but better you know the truth and understand that it ain't just this cam- it's nearly all of them.

Phil

1) How can I delete protected files on the camera without putting the memory card in a computer

2) How to set parking mode event trigger sensitivity, separate from regular driving mode? While driving, I dont want the video file to be protected on every bump or pothole. But in parking mode, I want very sensitive for every little bump, car door slam.

3) Which parking mode uses less battery? Assuming there is no actual motion and no events. Motion detect or Event trigger?

4) It appears both parking modes work intermittently. I hit the camera and flick it hard with my finger. The blue light doesnt turn on and no video is recorded. I have confirmed the constant power source still has 12.6 volts. The hardwire kit is set to 12.4v and the other switch is all the way left.

Same thing with Motion. Sometimes it doesnt work. I also confirm 12.6~ volts at the constant power source and 0v at the switched source.

Dashcam works in regular driving mode

Thanks
1. Have you tried deleting via WIFI UCAM APP?
2. I havent had much issue with event files. I have hit some pot holes however it hasnt generated many files at all. sometimes door slamming will do also create a new event depending how hard it slammed.
3. I prefer event trigger (g sensor)
4. parking mode/event trigger (g senor) works for me however lights on the camera do not light up.

What do you mean in motion? Do you mean event doesnt trigger or it doesnt record in motion? are you using a quality SD card. I use Sandisk endurance.

Last edited:
The sad reality of dashcams is that in almost all of them motion detect is useless and G-sensor (called event trigger in this cam) isn't much better. It's a rare cam where motion detect works well, and somewhat uncommon for g-sensor to do well. All cams advertise these 'features' anyway :(

In parking mode, cams without pre-buffering have a delay between detection of an event and the start of recording. This varies from about one second to several seconds. In that time the culprit may have moved, sometimes even disappeared from view. Without prebuffering these regular parking modes may be worthless which is why many newer cams offer low-bitrate' recording for parking instead- it misses nothing.

Motion detect has the cam operating but not writing to the card until activated, thus it uses almost the same amount of power as driving recording. G-sensor has the cam booted, but not operating till activated, so that uses less power. With prebuffering or low-bitrate they're all nearly the same.

Wish I had a better answer for you, but better you know the truth and understand that it ain't just this cam- it's nearly all of them.

Phil
Thank you

1. Have you tried deleting via WIFI UCAM APP?
2. I havent had much issue with event files. I have hit some pot holes however it hasnt generated many files at all. sometimes door slamming will do also create a new event depending how hard it slammed.
3. I prefer event trigger (g sensor)
4. parking mode/event trigger (g senor) works for me however lights on the camera do not light up.

What do you mean in motion? Do you mean event doesnt trigger or it doesnt record in motion? are you using a quality SD card. I use Sandisk endurance.
Thanks. I meant Motion detect in parking mode. Motion sometimes doesnt trigger to record. I will wave my hand infront of the camera and I dont see the blue light light up. Also no video saved. . I dont remember which brand but it was made for dashcams and similar.... the constant rewrites.

Thank you

Thanks. I meant Motion detect in parking mode. Motion sometimes doesnt trigger to record. I will wave my hand infront of the camera and I dont see the blue light light up. Also no video saved. . I dont remember which brand but it was made for dashcams and similar.... the constant rewrites.
bluelight will not light up when event is triggered. reason is to make camera more stealthy. as sawmaster mentioned motion or event triggers may not always work flawlessly in parking mode. have you got sensitivity set to highest?

bluelight will not light up when event is triggered. reason is to make camera more stealthy. as sawmaster mentioned motion or event triggers may not always work flawlessly in parking mode. have you got sensitivity set to highest?
I noticed that the blue light will light when motion is sensed and it does record. That only works intermittently.

G Sensor is set to MEDIUM.

How can I delete protected files on the camera without putting the memory card in a computer
You cannot delete protected files piece by piece, only format the card in the menu;
Yes, separate from regular driving mode! The default sensitivity level is Middle at default, cannot adjust its sensitivity level in the camera menu;
Same!
4) It appears both parking modes work intermittently. I hit the camera and flick it hard with my finger
Not sure which value you option in the sub-menu? It should work if you flick it hard with your fingers if you option this G-sensor trigger;

You cannot delete protected files piece by piece, only format the card in the menu;

Yes, separate from regular driving mode! The default sensitivity level is Middle at default, cannot adjust its sensitivity level in the camera menu;

Same!

Not sure which value you option in the sub-menu? It should work if you flick it hard with your fingers if you option this G-sensor trigger;
2)
Can future firmware be modified to allow change in g-sensor for driving and parking modes?

Individual values for the 2 scenarios would be preferred, and a OFF for when driving is what i would personally use.

Can future firmware be modified to allow change in g-sensor for driving and parking modes?
We would like to adjust its level to be default "High" if more reports from users!

Individual values for the 2 scenarios would be preferred, and a OFF for when driving is what i would personally use.
you need g-sensor incase of car accident.

No when i am driving the camera record all the time, so only if i crash and get knocked out and dont wake up and dont call for help and no one find me, will i need a G sensor.

But with a plenty large memory card i will have many hours before a even is overwritten, but sure i would have to spend time looking for it among regular files, which i will gladly do if someone ruined my car.
For parking i prefer low bitrate recording, but here i do like to have G sensor on to highlight when a event might have taken place.

But in general the state of Danish roads, and my at times forced driving do not trigger G sensor very often if it is good, the B1W i tested rarely triggered when driving, but parked ( just 1 G sensor value camera ) i was still able to trigger a event by kicking the back tire of my car.
Still i prefer g sensor OFF while driving.

Same!

For next firmware, can you make protected files have the ability to make UNprotected. My G1W-C allows this. After making unprotected, now I can delete.

To confirm, adjusting G-Sensor sensitivity is only for driving mode?? Can not adjust parking mode G Sensor??

What is the Motion option in the regular menu? What does that do?

Does time-lapse parking mode use less power than other parking modes?

Parking G - sensor i would like to see in all cameras be so sensitive that on high a bus or large truck passing by the parked car at speed might set it off.

It would be advantageous if locked files in some way was possible to delete via phone as i assume this one silly devise is what a great many use with their dashcam.
In this day and age, many probably dont even have a computer at home, at best a tablet, even if we all know that you cant be a real man and not have a proper PC at home :geek:

Guys,
What method / apps do you use if you want to upload the 3mins video to facebook or youtube?

thanks!

Back