A few video files crash the BlackVue SD card viewer PC app.

Gary Edstrom

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is a problem that has existed for several newer versions of the PC viewer app.
Older versions do not seem to have the problem.
I have a few video files that look quite normal with the Windows viewer, but crash BlackVue's SD card viewer program 100% of the time.
It simply goes back to the desktop.
Has anyone else seen a similar problem?

Sound weird.
But when you say the files play fine with the windows player, then it cant be corrupted files like i expected it to be at first.
Have you tried to update your codecs ?
Not that i think that might be it cuz if something missed then you should not be able to play any file, but it is a fairly simple try, K-lite codec pack are popular. https://codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

Latest update to windows 10 have killed at least one program here, my screen recorder that come as part of my pinnacle studio 20 ultimate software can no longer run, it launch and seem to work for about 5 seconds after i start a recording then it close down with no error MSG.

I will give your suggestion a try. I would say that it is maybe 1 file in 50 that causes the crash. I thought at first that it only occurred with parking mode videos, but I have found regular videos that cause the crash also. As I said, with these specific files, it crashes the app 100% of the time, but the Windows view plays it just fine.

At one time it was every video from the rear cam that crashed mine. I am now successfully running V 1.13 on my W10 machine

Curiously, Blackvue made available a "beta" of 1.22 to a few of us who bitched in their support forum. And that beta solved the crashing problem for those of us who bothered to report back (and nobody posted back at crashing *with* the beta either).
But then they released 1.22, without the crash fix. I asked about that in the forum, but no response.

If you want, the beta is still available at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bx0Zv57VYSRAVHd5cEwxU2tlNE0

I did see some reports of 4k videos playing slowly on this beta, which may explain why it's not released yet. Luckily, I don't have to worry about that. :)

Not sure what version viewer I am using, but it is an older one and using it on an xp machine. I get only the parking mode file lock ups, no problems with other files.

Curiously, Blackvue made available a "beta" of 1.22 to a few of us who bitched in their support forum. And that beta solved the crashing problem for those of us who bothered to report back (and nobody posted back at crashing *with* the beta either).
But then they released 1.22, without the crash fix. I asked about that in the forum, but no response.

If you want, the beta is still available at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bx0Zv57VYSRAVHd5cEwxU2tlNE0

I did see some reports of 4k videos playing slowly on this beta, which may explain why it's not released yet. Luckily, I don't have to worry about that. :)
Installing the .22 beta seems to have fixed my crash! I need to beat up on it for some more to make sure.

Back