A118C lag issue.Faulty FW.blueskysea brand

Adriano

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hi guys,

I just got my camera today,i was verry happy but it has so many issues i cannot use it.
First it boots up pretty quick in max 2 sec but when i press the menu button i have to wait more than 10secs and then through the menu 4-5 sec delay,it's unusable.I tried to format the 32gb class 10 kingston card and it displayed a please wait message for more than 10 mins.I tried reset but nothing,when i press the record button nothing happens and it lags alot when i move it from dark to sun,it takes about 5 secs to proper expose.What shall i do?

if you turn it on without the memory card in there how does it go entering and navigating the menus, still delayed?

camera fault then, you can try loading the firmware again, if still the same it's a hardware issue, contact the seller

What firmware should i try?
LE i put the latest from foxoffer for a118c and it works fine now.no more lag,i could make some settings.So for now it's working,i'll come up with some video footage.
L.E.E after the firmware was installed it displayed card full message.i was able to go through menu without card cand make some settings then i formatted the card with windows and inserted it again,it still shows me card full error:(

Last edited:
you should always try to format in the camera.

if you have card full errors already, try testing the card in windows using h2testw. you may have a bad card.

I will try testing it,it is a brand new card, kingston 32gb class 10.i tried formatting it in the camera but it displays card full error and it shutsdown,i can't enter the menu with the card inserted.

there have been lots of problems with defective and counterfeit cards lately, even "brand new" ones. it's unfortunate, but lately it seems like you have to test every memory card you buy as soon as you get it so that you can return it within the return window if it's bad.

Finally i made it,got the card formatted in the camera,powered it on and seemed a little bit defocussed so i refocused the lens,looks ok.
Here is a picture i made with my mobile phone while i was dissmantling the camera,i've notived something strange,i'll let you guys figure it out,it has to do with the novatek chipset.
I also made a small video,it was getting dark so i raised EV a little bit,just by +1/3.One thing that bothers me is that this firmware(3/18/2015) has the sharpness boosted and looks grainy.I couldn't find an older FW,this looks like a beta one.Anyway here is my video:

L.E- HDR off,motion sensor off,5min loop

Attachments

• IMG_20150331_182144833.jpg
    IMG_20150331_182144833.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Finally i made it,got the card formatted in the camera,powered it on and seemed a little bit defocussed so i refocused the lens,looks ok.
How did you refocuse the lens? You made it sound so simple. Is it easy to do?

It is simple,once you tear it appart the lens itself is glued and threaded to the plastic part mounted on top of the sensor,all you have to do is gently cut the glue with a sharp knife,a small cutter will do just fine and then firmly holding the plastic lens holder or whatever that piece it's called and with a pair of pliers gently unscrew the lens,the glue will eventually break and you will be able to adjust the lens focus.
I will try and film it next time i open it,i'm trying to fit a smaller FOV lens,a 150 degree go pro lens is on it's way.

I am really interested to see you modding it with the GoPro lens. Please do film or at least take pictures of your steps, and let us know how it goes.

Here is a day sample with HDR on and EV+1.I am using the 18/3/2015 FW and i hate the boosted sharpness also it exposes weirdly,if it's in direct sun it makes the image very very dark,only the center is properly exposed.I've noticed that with whites,if i have blue sky then it will expose ok.Overall i'm happy with the focus setting,looks good.I just wish i had an older FW without the boosted sharpness and contrast.

Last edited:
Yeah,that was a surprize when i saw that chipset no had been erased,i thought i was getting a bad knock-off since right from the box FW was faulty and made the camera unusable.
This is where i got my camera from https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261746316057

Ok,i'm back with news.I have tested my blueskysea brand A118c with the Jan FW and the march 20/2015 FW.First with the jan FW i've noticed that the date hasn't change,formatted the card in camera all setting as default and went on a drive.Image looks blueish and strangely sharpness was too low,made it look like out of focus.
The march 20 FW is better,way better than the 18th,not as much sharp but just a lil bit over the edge,contrast is better and exposure done right.Here is a test footage with the march20 fw and a printscreen of both FW done within 10min difference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF3ah_b54II Left Jan right March.jpg

Last edited:
Ok,i'm back with news.I have tested my blueskysea brand A118c with the Jan FW and the march 20/2015 FW.First with the jan FW i've noticed that the date hasn't change,formatted the card in camera all setting as default and went on a drive.Image looks blueish and strangely sharpness was too low,made it look like out of focus.
The march 20 FW is better,way better than the 18th,not as much sharp but just a lil bit over the edge,contrast is better and exposure done right.Here is a test footage with the march20 fw and a printscreen of both FW done within 10min difference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF3ah_b54II View attachment 12426
Hi,we should be here eariler,and we are this blueskysea brand owner,and yes,our buyer for A118C can reboot this 20th/March FW if shutdown delay problem,and this is the link for 20th/March FW http://www.sendspace.com/pro/7kfrmq

The thing to remember is that these cameras are not intended for shooting IMAX movies. They are intended to provide a record of road incidents. If on the video the sky is a slightly lighter color of blue than reality, then it's not going to significantly affect the record of events. I have sympathy for those people with cameras that are just plain busted in some way... but slight variation from perfection in color/contrast/focus ... please! May I suggest strapping one of these to your rear view mirror. :p

Last edited:
I am not trying to make any IMAX movie with it,i think you are missing this topic's point,when this camera came to me it wasn't working so i had to make alot of tests with FW,settings and lens refocussing.All the data was compared to other users footage taken with the same camera so i'm just trying to reach it's max performance as it should have been delivered to me.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W A118 (B40) 5
I A118 (B40) 6
executioner A118 (B40) 9
A A118 (B40) 14
M A118 (B40) 5
Back