A119 Memory Error

A year of service can easy be all you got from that memory card, hell i had high end cards which lifetime in the first go i had to measure in hours and not days, warranty replacement working fine.
I also have memory cards in daily use so old i cant even remember when they first saw service, it can be a crap shoot some times, and thats why its important to buy your memory from a reputable source.

AS CYA say if you dont have another memory card to try with then at least run a test of the current memory card, H2testw will call out a bad memory card, though i have also experienced a single time where a card passed the test but just would not work in that camera ( so i put it in another one which was fine )

I did the test using the Lexar card that I purchase with the camera in September and here are the results.

Warning: Only 165 of 61140 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
Reading speed: 71.7 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Looks to still be good, I have not been able to use the transcend card due to the memory error

Its not much of the memory card you testes ?

I did the test using the Lexar card that I purchase with the camera in September and here are the results.

Test finished without errors.
Reading speed: 71.7 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Looks to still be good, I have not been able to use the transcend card due to the memory error
Be sure to delete all the files from the card before testing. Also, I would test the Transcend instead of the Lexar, because I have seen this error a few times with users using Lexar cards. Lexar card have been very troublesome as of late. The Transcend card, assuming it's good, should work fine in the camera.

Lexar used to be top quality but a few years ago they set themselves to be bought out and started using inferior materials to cut costs. I'd avoid Lexar these days. (problems)

Samsung U3 or Sandisk "A1" cards are what we recomend. Transcend is good, but becamse over priced for some reason. (heard something about a factory fire awhile back)

If you tried other cards also and still got this error, it should be the card slot issue. Need to repair or replace.

this is the problem. format (quick) the card first, then test it.
165mb of space is enough only for 1 minute video recording at 1080p@60fps.
what the capacity and free space available do you see on the card using your computer?

Last edited:
I'm getting memory error on my viofo A229 with a new viofo 128gb card. Did you find a fix?

A new card with the 1hr 40 min long format process? I've just done the quick format with some software called gpformat or something, and returned it to the car.

I also did format with the dascham itself the moment I popped it in 2 days ago.

A new card with the 1hr 40 min long format process? I've just done the quick format with some software called gpformat or something, and returned it to the car.
And did the quick format fix it?

I’ve seen new cards need sdformatter to function properly in dash cameras before, so not unheard of.

And did the quick format fix it?

I’ve seen new cards need sdformatter to function properly in dash cameras before, so not unheard of.
I am yet to properly test it. I've formatted it and returned it to the car. Will have to test it in the next journey. Lol I bought the viofo specific cards to avoid compatibility issues...yet here I am lol. Feelsbad :(

I'm getting memory error on my viofo A229 with a new viofo 128gb card. Did you find a fix?
Why don't you post in the relevant thread? :unsure:
A119 and A229 are completely different models.

I just wanted to get feedback from the OP on whether or not he got a fix. I don't mean to hijack posts.

Back