A119 Motion Detection mode constantly recording when enabled?

Anyone heard of this one? @viofo @jokiin

yes, it's not exactly what you want though

we are dong debug on our 2 channel product which is different chipset but same platform as used in A119, once we get that done we will be working on feature development and will be looking at what we can do here, I'm sure some of the things we do in the Street Guardian products will eventually flow back into the Viofo products as they have from our other products, it does take some time to fully mature

A119 can do Time-lapse as described in your picture.
And if I remember correctly, Viofo was the first company which have products with Novatek chipset and no 1 second overlap between consecutive videos.

enjoy,
Mtz

As I see it, Head Gardener in his opening post is trying to use A119 for parking mode by switching to Motion Detect mode when parked, but it is too sensitive and keeps recording all the time he's parked.

Time lapse at 1 second intervals may suit him better but where is the setting to switch this on, or does it happen automatically (as per DDPai Mini2) when the cam is powered up but motionless for a while?

The appeal of Mini2 Parking Mode is that you can just forget it's there. No switching to be done when parking (unless I'm missing something?). No switching to be done when returning to the car and driving off. That's what I'd want too.

As stated in the other thread, basically we'd need a sensitivity adjustment for motion detection. And the only way to turn on time lapse mode is manually in the menu. This camera does not switch recording modes by itself. It's either in constant recording mode, time lapse mode, or motion detection mode.

Are you aware what triggers Mini2 into time-lapse mode?

Update: Guys, I have tried using Time lapse mode (1 sec) from last night till about 10am this morning....
I am quite happy with the results considering that it's not my idea of Motion Detection, I need to identify some 'questionable traffic' going down my road! My only beef with it is having to fast forward thru loads of 'non events'!
I also tried using the 200 m/s option for about 5 mins on a short journey which I was also pleased with....I will use that tomorrow when I go down the motorway to work, just to see what 70 mph looks like at that speed!
Cheers!

Back