A119 Parking Mode - useful? wiring kit?

for parking mode to be effective, you have to be connected to a source that does not turn off the camera when your car is off. the three choices are: a battery pack, an always on circuit in your car or a battery discharge prevention device.

if the camera turns off when you turn off your ignition and accessories, that circuit is not "always on". some circuits have a time delay where the connected device may be left on for a set amount of time before the power is cut.

if you want to utilize the parking mode capability of the A119, I recommend you install a BDP like the multisafer or the vicovation power plus. these devices are to be connected to an always on circuit | accessory circuit | ground and they will power whatever device (camera) is connected to it when you're parked until a certain time limit or a low voltage threshold is reached. it sounds a little daunting but it's not too difficult, the most time-consuming part of the install is hiding the wiring behind panels.

thanks again for the info.
Now I get it. no wonder there's nothing recorded after I tried the parking mode.
I guess my output isn't always on then.
but it's strange, how come before when I used the motion detection mode, it recorded even when car's off?
that's where I don't understand parking mode and motion detection mode.

I think the best way to understand the different modes (at least for me), is that you may only use one or the other. the only reason that the term motion detect is mixed in to parking mode is because it uses motion to trigger a low frame-rate recording.

I can't explain your always/sometimes circuit, though. :P the easiest way to test would be to plug in a mobile phone charger that has an indicator light. if that light turns off, it's an accessory circuit; if it stays lit, it's an always on/battery circuit.

Welcome to DCT @kjchen69

hello
thank you both.

I now learned my cig socket's is always on.
before I turned on the engine, if i plug in USB to charge my phone, it's already charging
so I assumed that' always on, that's why motion detection mode was working great before
but just parking mode didn't work as I hope it would
maybe I'll wait and give it more time and see

thanks again

hello
thank you both.

I now learned my cig socket's is always on.
before I turned on the engine, if i plug in USB to charge my phone, it's already charging
so I assumed that' always on, that's why motion detection mode was working great before
but just parking mode didn't work as I hope it would
maybe I'll wait and give it more time and see

thanks again
Are you using your cars USB port or the Viofo car adapter to power the camera?

in that case, be careful leaving a device plugged in to that outlet. you don't want to come back to a dead battery.

not sure why your parking mode isn't functioning correctly if it is getting power. did you reset all settings after the firmware update?

in that case, be careful leaving a device plugged in to that outlet. you don't want to come back to a dead battery.

not sure why your parking mode isn't functioning correctly if it is getting power. did you reset all settings after the firmware update?

yeah, not sure why either.
yes, everytime I updated the firmware, I always do a reset, just a habit even with my phones.
like before v.3.3, I had v3.1b i thik when i first got it (updated it right away),
i only turned on motion detection mode on and my loop time @5 mins
and my car was in dealer for service, and while it's parked with engine off, it recorded a few files that tech people were standing in front of my car and passing by
i thought to myself, that's so cool, I now can see what have they done or not done in my car
so when I knew/learned the parking mode, I thought it'll be better than motion detection
but after set up the parking mode (with motion detection is off),
i parked my car backed into the parking lot, let the head towards the busy drive way in the gym parking lot
thinking I'd catch lots cars/people walking by, but nothing at all

that's when I started to look into these 2 modes and came here ^^

I'm still on FW 3.1B so that may make a difference between our setups. I usually do not update FW unless I'm having issues or a newer FW has a feature that I really want.

Back