A119 Side Mounted

r
but you still check your SD cards everyday if you have any video at all, right?
and before you start driving you still verify that your cameras actually began recording, right?
No, not really. Maybe when it is new, and I am geeking out over it, but after the initial "honeymoon" period, I literally "set-and-forget" until there is something worth seeing. Before I start driving, I listen for the bootup sound, and glance quickly to see the red recording light to make sure it is recording. If there is an error, the dashcam will beep to notify me.

I literally don't pull out my memory card for maybe months at a time. Do you "check you SD cards everyday..."?! That is a bit excessive, don't you think?

Last edited:
That is a bit excessive, don't you think?
:) I don't. just want to be absolutely sure the cameras work as they should. :)
I don't like "surprises".

Actually I just realized I miscalculated the power draw figures. Figure most dashcams draw about .5A at 5V. Multiply by 4 and that's where I got the 2 Amp number. But that's the 5V draw. Would need to convert to watts (2A * 5V) = 10 Watts. To figure the 12V draw, divide the 10W by 14V = .7A. Let's saw the draw is 1 Amp from the 14V source. Won't be accurate as it doesn't calculate the power conversion draw, but close enough.

Bottom line is you'll be fine!

Also, the GPS works fine vertically mounted (side window, or a rear vertical window). No issue for me so far.

Back