A119s Audio/Video out proplem. Wont work.

dirtymoney

Reaction score
Country
United States
I got my A119S last night, mounted and used it .... seems to work fine. But today I am trying to view it through an AV cable (to tv) and I cannot get it to work. Tried it on 3 tvs, used several different AV Y cables.

The A119s is supposed to work the same way as the A118, right? The moment you plug the AV cable into the camera the screen switches off and is in AV-out mode, right? My old A118 works this way. In fact I tried my old A118 with the same tvs and cables and it worked every time. On my A119s the screen switches off (record button is still lit up showing it is getting power), but no AV signal seems to be going out.

Is there some setting inside the camera to switch it to AV out mode or something?

the cables won't necessarily be wired the same as the A118 so your video out may be on one of the other plugs

the cables won't necessarily be wired the same as the A118 so your video out may be on one of the other plugs

I used several different cables. I even used two different one-plug cables (one 3.5mm plug to one RCA plug). And I am not getting a picture at all.

They all work on the A118, but not on my A119s.

I reset the A119s several times as well. No difference.

Edit: I may try reinstalling the firmware. Is there a how to thread on that? I searched but couldnt find one. Much less a link to the firmware.

Last edited:
I used several different cables. I even used two different one-plug cables (one 3.5mm plug to one RCA plug). And I am not getting a picture at all.

They all work on the A118, but not on my A119.

I reset the A119 several times as well. No difference.

Edit: I may try reinstalling the firmware. Is there a how to thread on that? I searched but couldnt find one. Much less a link to the firmware.
I don't think re-installing the firmware will help with what you're doing.
Here is a thread about the AV cable. https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/video-cable.21275/

Back