A129 CPL Filter?

Here are images with a few different angles after the filter was adjusted. It seems to help more towards the center of the image than the sides. I think I will still try a few things to see if I can get it better. I would like to have more of the dash showing if possible. I might try adjusting it by hand looking through the window to see if there can be any improvement. When I have my sunglasses on that are polarized I do not see any reflection of the dash mat, but that is also at a different angle than the camera.

Since the filter has 2 different lenses, what would happen if I tried adjusting them individually? Would it make a difference? I guess I need to look at how the 2 interact with each other.

View attachment 42548View attachment 42549View attachment 42550
I don't understand why so much of your hood is showing up in the video. You must have the camera clicked all the way down, I would click the camera UP more way up

Here are images with a few different angles after the filter was adjusted. It seems to help more towards the center of the image than the sides.

Since the filter has 2 different lenses, what would happen if I tried adjusting them individually? Would it make a difference? I guess I need to look at how the 2 interact with each other.

View attachment 42550
The middle image looks good to me in terms of vertical alignment, with slightly more road than sky. The dash reflections are much reduced from your original image without the CPL.

Any CPL will help more towards the middle than the sides where the dash reflections are coming at the camera from different angles so the CPL is less effective.

I don't think you can separate the two glass elements from each other.

I would aim the camera even higher....
The problem with aiming the camera higher is the exposure will be set based on the brightness of the sky and can result in under exposing that part of the video that will contain more important stuff than empty sky.

The problem with aiming the camera higher is the exposure will be set based on the brightness of the sky and can result in under exposing that part of the video that will contain more important stuff than empty sky.
we position and aim the camera based on what our goal is and what we have in hands. since we talk about a dash camera shooting from inside the car out we want to capture the contours of our car like the hood for example. we also want that hood on a picture look symmetrical and we don't want our dashboard reflection be visible on the background of the hood. and we want not to overexpose or underexpose the picture. it's not easy to combine all our goals in one particular car, we have to sacrifice something and find a satisfactory compromise.

I am using the supplied mount for the camera, so I have no idea on how to get it closer to the windshield.
The camera is currently up kind of far to hide behind the black grid. I would not want to lower it below the bottom of the mirror. Would that 1 or 2 inches make a big difference?

View attachment 42458

I just tried a few different shots with less hood, but the sun was in a bad spot and I could not really tell if it was better. So I will try again tomorrow.

Most of what I have read says more hood than sky is usually the best. But I guess that will also depend on who you talk to.

Thanks for the help.
I have my A129 in the same exact location in my car and I do not get the hood or dashboard in my videos, nor the reflections that you are getting, my camera lens is not pointing down like yours is though, but I get a great view straight ahead and my dash and hood do not show at all, maybe you have a gigantic SUV and its really high off the ground, so you have to aim it so low?, I don't know.

I have my A129 in the same exact location in my car and I do not get the hood or dashboard in my videos, nor the reflections that you are getting, my camera lens is not pointing down like yours is though, but I get a great view straight ahead and my dash and hood do not show at all, maybe you have a gigantic SUV and its really high off the ground, so you have to aim it so low?, I don't know.
any pictures?

Back