A129 Plus Duo - Night examples

Paul Iddon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 Pro 4K, A129 Pro Duo 4K, A229 Duo 2K, & NB 522GW
No rear wiper on my old saloon car and not the worlds best windscreen at the front, but you can get a good idea of how decent the 129 Plus is:

Paul.

i can live with that.

No rear wiper on my old saloon car and not the worlds best windscreen at the front, but you can get a good idea of how decent the 129 Plus is:

Paul.
hello Paul.

Is it better than the A129 Duo?

And is there Turkish language support? Thank you

hello Paul.

And is there Turkish language support? Thank you

I'm not sure about languages, but I would say the night video has improved.

Here is an old A129 Duo journey at night, but bear in mind the weather conditions are light (due to the time of night and the time of year) will be different.

Paul.

I'm not sure about languages, but I would say the night video has improved.

Here is an old A129 Duo journey at night, but bear in mind the weather conditions are light (due to the time of night and the time of year) will be different.

Paul.

thanks you.

The extra resolution is worth having, it will read more plates day and night.

1080 is minimum resolution for a dashcam,
2K (1440) is decent,
4K is more than required most of the time.

The extra resolution is worth having, it will read more plates day and night.

1080 is minimum resolution for a dashcam,
2K (1440) is decent,
4K is more than required most of the time.

You are right. Are you using the a129 plus duo?

You are right. Are you using the a129 plus duo?
No, I don't currently have one, but I do have the A119 V3 which it is based on and which I assume has very similar image quality on the front view. Haven't seen the lenses compared yet though...

No, I don't currently have one, but I do have the A119 V3 which it is based on and which I assume has very similar image quality on the front view. Haven't seen the lenses compared yet though...

thank you.
the a129 plus duo on aliexpress comes for $ 136.
I guess there is no one using a129 plus duo :(

The first post in this thread is the plus Duo front and rear

thank you.
the a129 plus duo on aliexpress comes for $ 136.
I guess there is no one using a129 plus duo :(
It is a very new camera, so we don't know about reliability yet, however both Paul above and Mtz have been testing it and don't seem to have found any major problems, so if I had a choice between buying A129 Duo and A129 plus Duo then currently I would definitely go for the Plus model. The risk from it being very new is not big with Viofo, if anything major happens then they will sort the problem out. The A119 and A129 Duo have both been very reliable except a few issues when parking mode was added,

It is a very new camera, so we don't know about reliability yet, however both Paul above and Mtz have been testing it and don't seem to have found any major problems, so if I had a choice between buying A129 Duo and A129 plus Duo then currently I would definitely go for the Plus model. The risk from it being very new is not big with Viofo, if anything major happens then they will sort the problem out. The A119 and A129 Duo have both been very reliable except a few issues when parking mode was added,

it makes sense, i order via aliexpress may take longer to arrive my country

The lens at the front has a very wide field of view.

The lens at the front has a very wide field of view.
That can be good and bad, wide means you get to see more view, plus you get less motion blur, but you can't see as far. A119 V3 is really a bit too narrow.

it makes sense, i order via aliexpress may take longer to arrive my country
Maybe not the best for warranty claims unless there is an issue on delivery, but I don't know what else is available in your country. There is always the manufacturer warranty, but for that you have to return to Viofo in China, which may take some time.

sale in our country is ignored. He was standing behind Viofo products and replacing defective products

So is the Pro Plus a better middle ground than the A129 Pro?

So is the Pro Plus a better middle ground than the A129 Pro?
Depends on where you think the middle ground is!

In good lighting the A129 Pro is clearly superior in image quality, in poor lighting there will not be much between them, the Plus is as yet unproven, some people have been having memory card issues with the Pro.

If you want to make movies, I recommend the Pro, if you just want a dashcam for recording evidence then the Plus is a good choice.

Don't know about the "Pro Plus" you asked about, I don't think that exists.

Depends on where you think the middle ground is!

In good lighting the A129 Pro is clearly superior in image quality, in poor lighting there will not be much between them, the Plus is as yet unproven, some people have been having memory card issues with the Pro.

If you want to make movies, I recommend the Pro, if you just want a dashcam for recording evidence then the Plus is a good choice.

Don't know about the "Pro Plus" you asked about, I don't think that exists.

I mean Plus Duo. Brain fart. The Plus Duo appears to be 2K, which is what I mean by middle of the road. Be it A129 Duo is 1080p / 1080P. A129 Plus Duo appears to be 2K front / 1080P rear. And I believe Pro is 4K front / 1080P rear.

So why I figured it might be a good middle ground. 4K suffers at night in lesser light. 2K is a definitely bump up from 1080P but is middle ground for night recording between excellent daytime and good night.

So will be curious how this camera performs.

Well, so far so good, but I think my rear cam might be a little soft, I will add a couple more rear vids tonight to see what others think.

Paul.

Last edited:
Back