A129 Plus VS A119v3

Arese

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi everyone,

I know that the A119 v3 was doing better than the A129 Pro at night due to its Sony starvis sensor.

I believe the main downside of the A129 Pro was its performance in dark conditions.

Now I see that the 129 Plus is equipped by a Sony starvis sensor as well.
Is it the same as the one on the A119 v3?

Does that make the A129 plus a better all rounded contender than the A129 Pro and A119 v3?

Yes, A129 Plus has the same sensor as the A119 V3.

All three are good cameras, the Pro has an advantage in good light, but a small disadvantage in the dark, and is not suitable for parking mode use in the Australian heat.

If you want a dual camera, or wifi then the A129 Plus is better than the A119 V3.

A119 V3 may win slightly on image quality due to a narrower field of view, but narrower can also be a disadvantage.

Yeah the A129 Plus seems like a great evolution from the A119 v3. You get the same sensor that has proven to be performing well overall in the A119v3 and the new features from the pricier A129 Pro such as wifi and dual camera (I reckon one big downside of the A119 v3 was that it was only a single channel with no option for a rear camera)

Viofo is doing well expanding its product line to cater to all needs and budgets. It's also smart they're using the same "shell" across all of their A129 dashcams.

Personally, I'm super happy with my A129 Pro but a friend was asking for recommendations and I initially suggested either the A129 Pro if they wanted the best and 4k or the A119 v3 if they were on a budget. I think I will recommend to my friend the A129 Plus instead of the A119v3 as it keeps all the characteristics that made the A119v3 a hit and add is more future-proof with wifi and the option to add a rear camera.

I like the A139 best, but that does cost a bit more and not everyone need 3 channels. You can get a 2 channel version which is good for a reasonable cost, definitely worth considering, and again it has the same front sensor as the A119 V3, but it is down to personal choice, plenty of options!

I like my A129 Plus Duo since looking at the LCD I can confirm that my dash cam is recording (not in hang up or no boot up states).
It's hard to see if I just look at the Rec LED in bright day light to confirm whether it's working properly or not.

Normally a dashcam should be used with display off.
Because you like the display will you ever consider to not buy a camera without display?

Normally a dashcam should be used with display off.
Because you like the display will you ever consider to not buy a camera without display?
I set the screen saver to 3 minutes so I know my dash came is boot up and working properly when I start my hybrid car.
In my case, it's very difficult to see whether the Rec LED is actually on or off in bright day light against the sun.

I always run my F&R Viofos with display on so that I can easily see that they are on (connection hub at cig lighter is a bit loose as well as on the rare occasion they have been known to not turn on)
I also prefer to view when using the menu.
I wouldn't get a Dash Cam without a display ... so no WiFi for me.

When I need a new Cam I will most likely get an A119 V3

Reactions: Mtz
Back