Viofo A129 PLUS DUO doesn't work

maro

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 PLUS DUO
Hi

After almost 3 years my camera is not working. It was connected to the power all the time by adapter. In last year it was "frozen" sometimes after the night. Putting off the power and then on was a good fixing method. Camera was working. Unfortunately few days ago, when I got into the car in the morning, from the camera was coming noise (electric hissing?). I put off the power and after time put on, but the camera didn’t turn on. I tried to power it from a powerbank, phone charger but without any result. I even replaced capacitors but the camera is still not working. What can be the problem? What can I do?

Ask an amateur good bastler to try to fix it. Buy a new machine

Whichever input you are using, have you tried the other one? That is, from the power input on the side of the camera instead of GPS or vice versa.

Hi

After almost 3 years my camera is not working. It was connected to the power all the time by adapter. In last year it was "frozen" sometimes after the night. Putting off the power and then on was a good fixing method. Camera was working. Unfortunately few days ago, when I got into the car in the morning, from the camera was coming noise (electric hissing?). I put off the power and after time put on, but the camera didn’t turn on. I tried to power it from a powerbank, phone charger but without any result. I even replaced capacitors but the camera is still not working. What can be the problem? What can I do?
1. Detach the rear camera and just test the main front camera.
2. Use the original car charger and plug it into your car cigarette lighter to supply the power to both the GPS port and the camera side port to confirm if it can be turned on.
Please Use other power sources to have a try too.
3. Supply the power to it and reset the camera by pressing and holding the R hole on the side of the camera for seconds to test if it can make a difference.
4. Take out your card, and download the firmware file to the root of your card: https://viofo.com/content/37-viofo-a129-plus-duo-dash-cam-support/
Then insert the card back and supply power to your camera to let it update. The camera will turn on automatically after updating.
If all the above can not help, please open a ticket to get further help: https://support.viofo.com/support/tickets/new

Thank you for your tips. Unfortunately the camera is still dead. I have contacted Viofo by aliexpress and they gave me satisfactory paid solution.

Back