A129 rear camera mount

I have a different issue with the A129 rear camera mount but would also like to complain. ;)

I have a conventional, sloped rear window, so I didn't need a bracket or anything. My problem with the rear camera mount is that it is too loose. It is so loose that the camera inevitably sits slightly askew, due to the stiffness & weight of the connected cable.

Suggested fixes?

A layer of foam tape.

I have a different issue with the A129 rear camera mount but would also like to complain. ;)

I have a conventional, sloped rear window, so I didn't need a bracket or anything. My problem with the rear camera mount is that it is too loose. It is so loose that the camera inevitably sits slightly askew, due to the stiffness & weight of the connected cable.

Suggested fixes?

Picture of the issue so we may offer suggestions...

Rear camera is fully locked on to the mount. There's still a little slop.

Suggested fixes?

Your description of the problem is a bit vague so I'm not 100% sure of what you are describing but if you mean that the lens module has some play in it and wobbles up and down too easily, a good fix-it is to use a wad of Blu Tack putty to secure it in your desired position. The product is available under different names from different manufacturers so you'll see it as Fun-Tak, Blu-Tack, Poster Putty, etc. You'll find it on Amazon, at your local hardware or stationary store or even at your local Dollar store.

Sometimes, if you use this stuff on a dash cam even a small wad of the blue or yellow putty can be noticeable from outside your vehicle. If that happens and you want more stealth just cover the area with a small strip of black electrical tape.

Blu Tack tends to be very secure for this purpose but the nice part is that it is not permanent so it can be adjusted or removed completely as if it had never been there in the first place.

funtack.jpg

Last edited:
Back