A139 parking mode

@AlexNHB

The latest public FW is 1228 and it should make parking mode function properly, save for some people not getting pre-buffering. I've just been sent a beta FW which should solve that (and more) :) I will be testing today. If all works well it should see public release shortly.

Parking mode also has a 'timer' function with this cam, and it apparently does work however it is not showing up on the app; this bug is currently being worked on and it too should be resolved very soon.

Phil
The timer shows and works on my iPhone app with camera fw 1228. I only did the hardwire Sunday though.

I seem to be on 1221.

@AlexNHB

The latest public FW is 1228 and it should make parking mode function properly, save for some people not getting pre-buffering. I've just been sent a beta FW which should solve that (and more) :) I will be testing today. If all works well it should see public release shortly.

Parking mode also has a 'timer' function with this cam, and it apparently does work however it is not showing up on the app; this bug is currently being worked on and it too should be resolved very soon.

Phil
Thanx
upgraded with 1228. need time to make a tests.
And cant wait for newest beta. BTW this function "delay to turn on" (not sure if it is correct in English because my menu in Russian) with 5 and 10 second settings works properly? I need it to work with my security system.

Thanx
upgraded with 1228. need time to make a tests.
And cant wait for newest beta. BTW this function "delay to turn on" (not sure if it is correct in English because my menu in Russian) with 5 and 10 second settings works properly? I need it to work with my security system.

I will try that tonight when I go out to get the card to see how parking mode is working.

Maybe the missing parking timer is an Android-only problem? It's not visible on my phone.

Phil

Hard wire kit & remote MIC have shipped out of Viofo land :)
weather for my town / ability to install it outside are bleak for the next 7 - 9 days, but thats also faster than a parcel from China normally are.
I will be tapping into the same 2 piggy back fuses as my DR system are on, so i need to do some soldering to do that.

Absorbance is a unknown in my car, it is barely the plastic trim panels are real plastic. :)

I can hear the wind and noise of car parking next to me when parked but it's a quite muffled. I wonder if I could have an external microphone behind the bumper and then have a inline switch so you could switch to the external mic when parked or pulled over, and the integral mic when driving.

Maybe something to try when I have lots of free time.

I have mentioned that if dashcams suppoort streo, well you could have the L channel in the camera as normal, and then the R channel could be a waterproof MIC outside only active when the car do not move.

Reactions: Mtz
I bought the A139 some time ago and I am super happy with the quality...but why doesn't Viofo provide the option of parking mode trigger just on impact ?
It's impossible to leave the car parked somewhere busy and find the camera still "on" at the end of the day. It is hardwired, but I would love just to have this option in case of impact.
I don't care if someone sneaks by the car, just want to have a possible evidence in case of hit and run. I know this option will not cover all situations of hit and run, but just let the user choose.
And I am pretty sure it is just a small software development.
@viofo : what do you think about it? do you have it in your backlog ? or maybe it is already done in some version and I am late to the party ?
Thank you!

The impact must be major so it can trigger the G-Sensor. Minor impacts will not trigger the G-Sensor.

Back