A139 + Samsung PRO Endurance 128GB

• Thread starter Deleted member 73221
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 73221

Can someone confirm if the Samsung PRO Endurance 128GB is compatible with the A139?
And I read somewhere that it supports 256GB. Is this correct?

I would like to go with Samsung rather than Sandisk. Would the Samsung 256GB EVO Plus be the equivalent of the SanDisk 256GB High Endurance?

Here's a dilemma:

Sandisk specifically says that they won't warranty a card used in a dashcam.
But on the other hand, I read this here in the forums:

Card designed to work in dashcams: Sandisk High Endurance, Western Digital WD Purple, etc
Card which can work OK in a dashcam but not guaranteed by the manufacturer: Samsung Evo Plus, Sandisk Extreme, etc
If user wants to buy a not guaranteed card is their choice

So it seems, whatever you choose, Sandisk or Samsung, you're screwed with a card warrenty.

Last edited by a moderator:
My sandisk high endurance cards lists for dash cams on the packet. Also on sandisk’s website their warranty exclusions for dash cam use etc don’t apply to the high endurance cards.

Can someone confirm if the Samsung PRO Endurance 128GB is compatible with the A139?
Works

And I read somewhere that it supports 256GB. Is this correct?
Correct

But on the other hand, I read this here in the forums:

Card designed to work in dashcams: Sandisk High Endurance, Western Digital WD Purple, etc
Card which can work OK in a dashcam but not guaranteed by the manufacturer: Samsung Evo Plus, Sandisk Extreme, etc
If user wants to buy a not guaranteed card is their choice

So it seems, whatever you choose, Sandisk or Samsung, you're screwed with a card warrenty.
Well, at the end of the day, the important thing with warranty is that only manufacturer's word matters... Both Samsung Pro Endurance as well as WD Purple are advertised as cards for 24/7 recording.

Out of maybe a dozen cards in dashcams through the years, I have had only one needing warranty (it was DOA). To me all that matters is if they work well and last an appropriate length of time. I'd feel different if I'd spent big on a huge top-level card but I don't use those.

Phil

The 2 cards i had die on me, back then they was expensive costing more than a 256GB card today and having the same R/W speeds ( back then it was just 64GB cards but 2X the price of cheap 64GB cards i also used )
So when they died before i got to fill them up one time it was a major surprise, but thank god i got both swapped with no problem than going to the mailbox.
And replacements worked as expected.

I have of course also have a slew or cheap cards die on me, and a few of them swapped for new ones by seller though no warranty for dashcam use, but in general they been at use for a long enough time i dont mind when they die ( and have no option to RMA )

The 2 cards i had die on me, back then they was expensive costing more than a 256GB card today and having the same R/W speeds ( back then it was just 64GB cards but 2X the price of cheap 64GB cards i also used )
So when they died before i got to fill them up one time it was a major surprise, but thank god i got both swapped with no problem than going to the mailbox.
And replacements worked as expected.

I have of course also have a slew or cheap cards die on me, and a few of them swapped for new ones by seller though no warranty for dashcam use, but in general they been at use for a long enough time i dont mind when they die ( and have no option to RMA )
Which cards did you use? Sandisk? Samsung? Were they High Endurance or PRO Endurance?

Those 2 cards back then was a trancend ultimate that do have warranty for when used in dashcams ( black and gold ) and then a PNY card, both then expensive U3 cards, BUT ! this was many years ago, 5 - 6 years i think.

Right now i am testing a cheap Toshiba exceria 303 i think it is called in the A139, seem to work fine, will have to see if i can remember to pull it on my imminent drive for closer inspection.
But that card do not have warranty for dashcam use, but it was one of the cheaper U3 cards when i was buying 128GB memory cards. ( black with a red stripe with exceria printed on it )
I will probably put a Adata A2 / V30 card in it ( do have warranty for dashcam use but are not a endurance card ) it is black with a metallic green stripe at the top with ADATA printed on it.

Back