A139 vs A129 Stealability

mentadent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
VIOFO A139, VIOFO A139 Pro, VIOFO A119 Mini 2, VIOFO A229...
Which do you think hides the best to be less likely to steal? I always thought the A129 could be mounted so it looked like a manufacturer's lane change camera or something, right up in the top of the windscreen just below the tinted strip.

Depends on your dotted areas. With the A139, if you can have just the lens off the side of the dotted area then it wins, if there is not enough space then maybe the A129 wins.

The A139 has the advantage that you do not need to be able to see the screen, so you can put it in places you would not put an A129.

"Stealth" varies by car and install, plus whether you want stealthiness inside too. Given how most cars now have some kind of sensors at the mirror, a dashcam doesn't 'stand out' the way it does on something a old as what I drive.

Phil

In my car as i have cameras peeking out below the dotted area the A139 are more visible as it is wider than a regular wedge shaped camera.
I could install it so it peeked out to the side of the dotted area, but this would mean it is offset quite a bit and i try to avoid that.

I think only if you install the camera in plain view on clean glass would the A139 be the lesser option, otherwise it is marginal and i have no negative to say.

In my car as i have cameras peeking out below the dotted area the A139 are more visible as it is wider than a regular wedge shaped camera.
There is more camera to see in that situation, but it is not obviously a camera. The wedge shape with a lens in the middle looks more like a camera.

I don't think there is much in it, better to decide based on other features.

I'd go with A129, but that's because none of my cars have a cluster in front of the mirror for auto headlamps, auto wipers, auto braking, etc.

Back