A229 2CH Problem with Hardwire.

seqo

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi !
I hardwired my a229 in my 2015 bmw f32 435.
For some reason the Camera Wont get and power.
I tried different fuses, different grounding bolts but nothing..
The Battery+ wire also Shows that there goes 12v trough it.
Checked everything with a cicruit Meter.
Fuses Should all be correct.. i don’t know what im doing wrong.

Also Tried a different HK4 Kit.

Red wire has power all the time.
Yellow Wire only when Engine is Running.
Ground is at a Spot where other wires also Ground.. i attach a picture of that.

Maybe someone has a clue what might be wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_7290.jpeg
    IMG_7290.jpeg
    465.1 KB · Views: 17
Red wire has power all the time.
Yellow Wire only when Engine is Running.
If there is voltage on the red and yellow wires, try taking the ground in a different place.
I don’t know about BMW, but on VAG cars it can be difficult to find mass on the body.

I think I would have put the GND wire on top of that plate, under the washer. I am not sure what is under the plate, but it is probably OK, just wondering as I've not worked on a BMW.

Does the LED in the HK4 illuminate?
Does the A229 work with the accessory socket cable?

I think I would have put the GND wire on top of that plate, under the washer. I am not sure what is under the plate, but it is probably OK, just wondering as I've not worked on a BMW.

Does the LED in the HK4 illuminate?
Does the A229 work with the accessory socket cable?
I already tried 4 different places for Ground.
Actually there is No led Lightning up on the hk4. Didnt even know there is one.

The Camera works Perfectly with usb Connection yes.
It may be the Ground but i already used spots where other People also had their Ground connected so im really slowly giving up on this.

There is 100% 12v going into the hk4, i checked on the blank Spot of the red wire.

"i checked on the blank Spot of the red wire."

What does this mean? Do you have fuses in both slots of each fuse tap?

The red LED is inside the converter box on the hardwire kit. You should be able to see it through the vent slots.

I have a add a fuse kit with 2 fuses in it.
With blank Spot i mean where i connected the red wire to the add a fuse Kit.
Untill now i never saw a red led in this small device .

There is 100% 12v going into the hk4, i checked on the blank Spot of the red wire.
There should be voltage on both the red and yellow wires.
Without voltage on the yellow wire, the НK4 will not work.

There should be voltage on both the red and yellow wires.
Without voltage on the yellow wire, the НK4 will not work.
On the acc wire is V when the engine is running. Thats what i also Should be Right ?
No V when engine is off so my A229 detects the parking Mode. Or am i wrong with that.

Untill now i never saw a red led in this small device .
This suggests that it is not getting any power.

Can you post a photo of all the connections, just so that we can check what you have done?
I am wondering if you have made the crimp connection between the HWK and fuse tap successfully, maybe you have crimped the insulation instead of the wire?

Also, do you have a multimeter, or is it just a circuit checker with a light bulb?

I'm not sure what your expertise is, so don't be offended if these are not appropriate questions!

On the acc wire is V when the engine is running. Thats what i also Should be Right ?
No V when engine is off so my A229 detects the parking Mode. Or am i wrong with that.
This seems correct, but with no red LED inside the HWK, there is something wrong with the connections...

Yes, that's how it should be.

This suggests that it is not getting any power.

Can you post a photo of all the connections, just so that we can check what you have done?
I am wondering if you have made the crimp connection between the HWK and fuse tap successfully, maybe you have crimped the insulation instead of the wire?

Also, do you have a multimeter, or is it just a circuit checker with a light bulb?

I'm not sure what your expertise is, so don't be offended if these are not appropriate questions!

This seems correct, but with no red LED inside the HWK, there is something wrong with the connections...
I will do later.
I thought the same with my connections so i cut the insulation off to the Point where the actual Connection Starts.
Later i send some pictures.

I have this meter(attached)

Attachments

• IMG_7312.jpeg
    IMG_7312.jpeg
    336.1 KB · Views: 7
I have this meter(attached)
That looks OK, so it would be good to connect the meter GND to the HWK GND, preferably on the end of the HWK wire itself if possible, otherwise the car GND point that the HWK is connected to is acceptable, then put the meter tip on the HWK red wire, preferably as the red wire enters the crimp connector, and we should see 12.?V. Do the same test for the yellow ACC wire, again we want to see 12.?V for the camera to power up and the HWK red LED to illuminate. If you can test on the actual HWK wires and we see 12.?V then we know that the fuse tap and all connections are OK, if we don't see the 12.?V then we know to check the fuses and fuse taps next.

Note: It is not always easy to see that red HWK LED through the air vent if it is sunny weather, maybe check in the evening when it is darker.

That looks OK, so it would be good to connect the meter GND to the HWK GND, preferably on the end of the HWK wire itself if possible, otherwise the car GND point that the HWK is connected to is acceptable, then put the meter tip on the HWK red wire, preferably as the red wire enters the crimp connector, and we should see 12.?V. Do the same test for the yellow ACC wire, again we want to see 12.?V for the camera to power up and the HWK red LED to illuminate. If you can test on the actual HWK wires and we see 12.?V then we know that the fuse tap and all connections are OK, if we don't see the 12.?V then we know to check the fuses and fuse taps next.

Note: It is not always easy to see that red HWK LED through the air vent if it is sunny weather, maybe check in the evening when it is darker.
I will try this in a few h and then take pictures of that

1st is acc 2nd battery+
The first "accessory power" picture shows you measuring resistance not voltage. The second picture is measuring voltage for the constant battery power feed. You might want to retest the accessory power with the meter in voltage mode.

The first "accessory power" picture shows you measuring resistance not voltage. The second picture is measuring voltage for the constant battery power feed. You might want to retest the accessory power with the meter in voltage mode.
I installed the acc on a different Spot now
Seems to work
Also Shows 13+V when car is on.
Now i need to Test if this fuse goes off After car goes to sleep.
I think this was really the Problem.

The meter may have auto mode selection, which would suggest that there is no voltage on the ACC, which would be odd given the 14.3V on the BAT, since normally you would need the engine running to have that much voltage.

Seems to work
Are you saying that the camera is powered up and working now?

Engine been Running while i took the pictures indeed.
But yes
changed from fuse 155 to 159 which Both are for Radio

Camera Powers up and goes into parking Mode
The acc fuse slowly Starts to go to 0 V after car goes to sleep(15min)
My mistake was to read my Meter the incorrect way.
Now Both acc and bat are over 13-14V while the engine is on.

Back