A229 And A119 Mini comparison vids and more

A close call today taken with the A229. No front plates here in SC USA but the rear cam got it crisp and clear!
That looks very good indeed.
I have to admit that I'm a bit jealous of you not needing a front plate. Makes the front of the car look so much better.

I have a question for VIOFO and VIOFO-Support:
The following functions have been added in the T130 V1.2_0309 firmware:
3. Add setting for turn GPS off in parking mode.
4. Add setting for set LEDs status in normal recording and parking recording.
Is it possible to organize the same functions for A119 Mini and A229?

Last edited:
3. Add setting for turn GPS off in parking mode.
This is to save power and extend battery life?

It is already in the new cameras.

This is to save power and extend battery life?

It is already in the new cameras.
Can you tell me how it works?
There is no item in the menu to turn off the GPS receiver in the parking lot.
There is no such item in the application either.
Both models worked in parking mode: "Recording with low bitrate", more than six hours and the GPS receiver remained on until the end.

I think.
If the GPS antenna are turned off, it would just be a automatic feature in conjunction with parking guard launching, and so should not necessitate any user involvement or setting selection.
The GPS would of course be on for driving and watermark what you have choosen to get on the footage.
It would make sense to turn off the GPS when parked, but then it would have to be on a circuit you can switch on / off without touching other things, and i am not sure it is like that.

and so should not necessitate any user involvement or setting selection.
I think this should be correct.

I also think a firmware update might be required before it works correctly on both new cameras since when I tested it, I didn’t get the expected behaviour. I did check with VIOFO on how it is supposed to work, but didn’t go into detail on user settings since I don’t think any user configurable settings are necessary.

I think this should be correct.

I also think a firmware update might be required before it works correctly on both new cameras since when I tested it, I didn’t get the expected behaviour. I did check with VIOFO on how it is supposed to work, but didn’t go into detail on user settings since I don’t think any user configurable settings are necessary.
On the T130 there is a setting in the application to automatically turn off the GPS receiver and LED indicators in the parking lot.

Some how, either i have managed to plug both A229 ans A119 mini onto regular power sources, or parking guard do not work with the HK3 kit i have in the car from testing the previous models.
The HK4 will be going into the car soon, probably tomorrow if the weather gods permit.

I am sure i only have 1 USB C outlet on a regular supply, but how ever i swap the 2 USB C plugs i have around i do not get parking guard.

Some how, either i have managed to plug both A229 ans A119 mini onto regular power sources, or parking guard do not work with the HK3 kit i have in the car from testing the previous models.
The HK4 will be going into the car soon, probably tomorrow if the weather gods permit.

I am sure i only have 1 USB C outlet on a regular supply, but how ever i swap the 2 USB C plugs i have around i do not get parking guard.
I have A229 Duo connected from HK3-C Hardwire KIT (left from T130) and all modes work.

Back