A229 Pro - Auto even detection NOT WORKING !!!

AlexViofo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A229 Pro Dash Cam + HK4 Hardwire Kit.
Parking mode - Auto event detection.
Parking Motion Detection - Low sensitivity.
Firmware - V1.0_230928

Camera in Parking mode recording continiusly and after 2 days memory card (512 Mb) is full.
What is the problem?

You might want to test the camera indoors to verify everything works to rule out any vehicle, or wiring installation issues are causing your malfunction.

Your question is answered in Ben's video.
The malfunction is possibly a firmware bug.
Until the fix is released in the next firmware update Ben's recommendation @safedrivesolutions is to use Low Bitrate Parking Mode.
When the firmware bug gets fixed, then you may go back to Motion Detection Parking Mode.
Does this sound like a fair resolution to your complaint?
-Chuck

Until the fix is released in the next firmware update Ben's recommendation @safedrivesolutions is to use Low Bitrate Parking Mode.
When the firmware bug gets fixed, then you may go back to Motion Detection Parking Mode.
-Chuck
Yes, thank you. Let's wait for the next firmware update.

-Chuck
I am going to assume something was missed with all the focus on HDR correction.

I am going to assume something was missed with all the focus on HDR correction.

What is bothersome is this shows a total failure of software configuration management and control. Regardless of sensor type, S1 or S2, those routines should be pretty much hard coded and function the same along all models that offer AED or some form of parking mode. I think the simple truth is that VIOFO let this dashcam get onto the market way, way too soon. They may well have been better off to offer a properly running A229 sometime after Thanksgiving with a late Black Friday Sale prior to Christmas.

What is bothersome is this shows a total failure of software configuration management and control. Regardless of sensor type, S1 or S2, those routines should be pretty much hard coded and function the same along all models that offer AED or some form of parking mode. I think the simple truth is that VIOFO let this dashcam get onto the market way, way too soon. They may well have been better off to offer a properly running A229 sometime after Thanksgiving with a late Black Friday Sale prior to Christmas.
I just ordered product as I am hoping by the time it lands we get this all balanced out

I think the simple truth is that VIOFO let this dashcam get onto the market way, way too soon.
It's only going to get worse.
Pre-orders with tempting free gifts seems to be their marketing one-two punch strategy.
They know most customers won't process a return once the customer finds out how much shipping costs back to Hong Kong, and its to be paid by the consumer.
Next year they'll be shipping dash cam kits, (some assembly required). lol

That decision must have weighed heavy on you. lol
I felt it needed to be done too many people want to buy it anyways. I think consumers have been trained to update their phones for glitches and it is becoming widely accepted.
It's only going to get worse.
Pre-orders with tempting free gifts seems to be their marketing one-two punch strategy.
They know most customers won't process a return once the customer finds out how much shipping costs back to Hong Kong, and its to be paid by the consumer.
Next year they'll be shipping dash cam kits, (some assembly required). lol
so it is going to be sold at IKEA???

A229 Pro Dash Cam + HK4 Hardwire Kit.
Parking mode - Auto event detection.
Parking Motion Detection - Low sensitivity.
Firmware - V1.0_230928

Camera in Parking mode recording continiusly and after 2 days memory card (512 Mb) is full.
What is the problem?
Even the firmware you have installed can have a bug about Auto Event in Parking Mode, my advice when reporting a problem regarding missing videos is to check them by inserting the card into a PC and check from a PC and not from mobile APP.
There were some cases with other Viofo dashcams when the video files were OK on the card but were not showed in the Viofo APP.

Can you check on PC?
It is important to tell us that if the recorded videos are Parking mode videos or Normal recording videos. It is very important!

-Chuck
I think that Ben said the G-Sensor was not working in Auto Event and Timelapse.

With firmware V1.0_230912 the auto event detection is working at also the G-Sensor is working, protected videos are created.

Last edited:
We will enlarge the difference in different sensitivity settings, and lower the sensitivity in Low Sensitivity Choice in the next firmware version.
When camera is in Parking mode active (for example in auto event detection mode) and user is pressing the REC button the camera should stop recording. With firmware 230912 is not possible to stop the recording and enter into menu. The user is forced to shutdown the camera and then quickly press a button before parking mode recording is starting.

my advice when reporting a problem regarding missing videos is to check them by inserting the card into a PC and check from a PC and not from mobile APP.
@safedrivesolutions

Yo Mtz,
What if the consumer does not have a PC?
What if the consumer needs to show evidence at the scene of an accident to law enforcement to show blame / innocence?
The dash cam must operate as a stand alone device.
The smartphone APP must be 100% fully functional.
-Chuck

1. There are sometimes android (or IOS?) updates which are affecting the APP compatibility. Viofo needs a little time to update the APP according to new Android version and this is not only about Viofo but about all APPs in the world. Viofo is usually very quickly fixing such bugs and are much better than other firmware or APP developers. From some companies you need to wait weeks, for Viofo is about days.
2. If a user really really needs some video because it is very important for him he can take out the card and insert it into a PC, Mac, tablet or smartphone. For a dashcam with display they can even play the video from the camera itself but I consider is more easy to insert the camera into a PC.
3. In the player window there are 7 tabs. If by mistake the user is choosing the wrong tab, the expected videos will not appear. They always should select the both tabs named as ALL, they to be sure they are looking for all videos. And then look for the desired video.

When you are a professional the expectations are higher than compared to nobody from the street so you need to be much more careful when declaring some things are not working.

My posts are not against the Youtuber, but if you made some mistake you need to fix it because if you let it as it is now people watching your video will believe the A229 Pro is not working in parking mode. I think it was working but the G-Sensor has the wrong settings inside firmware.
All humans can be wrong sometime, even myself and I assume the facts when I am wrong, I am not looking to other ways to escape from that unconformable situation trying to say I was not wrong. Brave men assume.

Back