A229 Pro - Auto even detection NOT WORKING !!!

@safedrivesolutions

Yo Mtz,
What if the consumer does not have a PC?
What if the consumer needs to show evidence at the scene of an accident to law enforcement to show blame / innocence?
The dash cam must operate as a stand alone device.
The smartphone APP must be 100% fully functional.
-Chuck
Agreed. I myself have found it much much easier to pull videos using the apps on the Viofo and Vantrue.

Only reason I took out microSD memory cards the last few months was to do testing on the cards. Nothing at all to do with copying videos over.

Viofo is usually very quickly fixing such bugs and are much better than other firmware or APP developers. From some companies you need to wait weeks, for Viofo is about days.
I agree.
If a user really really needs some video because it is very important for him he can take out the card and insert it into a PC
When the customer buys a Viofo Dash Cam, they are paying for;
1.) Dash Cam Hardware
2.) Dash Cam Software
3.) Viofo Smartphone APP
All items must be 100% fully functional.
There is no PC requirement to use the product.
The dash cam is a “Stand Alone” product, (nothing else required).

With firmware V1.0_230912 the auto event detection is working at also the G-Sensor is working, protected videos are created.
230912 is an older firmware current public firmware is 230928.

Attachments

• IMG_0737.png
    IMG_0737.png
    312 KB · Views: 8
When you are a professional the expectations are higher than compared to nobody from the street so you need to be much more careful when declaring some things are not working.

My posts are not against the Youtuber, but if you made some mistake you need to fix it because if you let it as it is now people watching your video will believe the A229 Pro is not working in parking mode. I think it was working but the G-Sensor has the wrong settings inside firmware.
All humans can be wrong sometime, even myself and I assume the facts when I am wrong, I am not looking to other ways to escape from that unconformable situation trying to say I was not wrong. Brave men assume.
just to be clear. It does not work as represented in instruction manual.

Which means if I sell this to a customer and they get hit and do not notice the damage for a week and the footage is then recorded over because auto event detection or time lapse did not lock the video. That is “Parking Mode Not Working.”

The customer looks at the expert. Which is the one who sold them the product. If that is me, then that is a hit against my company.

Our goal with YouTube is to educate consumers.

I think what is worse is putting out a video saying this is the best 4K dash camera on the market which currently it is not. They have some firmware updates and testing to complete. But seeing next week I will have inventory, and customer have been receiving this product for 3 weeks already and the public firmware has issues.

I feel it is my job to educate the consumers. When I do my full review video. If they get it fixed I can mention it and talk about why @viofo is a great company because they fixed it and communicated.

I think we all want the same thing which is for Viofo products to be working 100%.

Which is why I said over a month ago. They should have delayed A229Pro, and worked on dialling in A139 Pro with some added features.

Either way this does not solve the intent of this post which is possibly in auto event detection it is possibly constantly recording?

The dash cam is a “Stand Alone” product, (nothing else required).
Firmware updating without PC?

If a product is sold with 100% fully functional software, firmware, etc., and you bought it, you should not upgrade. Because when you update a product, even Windows OS, some APP, firmware, in the change log is written for example bugs fixed. This means that when you bought that product, even the Windows OS was not fully functional.

So when you buy a product which is based on firmware and software you should expect to not be fully functional like a glass, a bed, a motor, products which doesn't need firmware or APP update.

Do you think that people which are buying Windows OS, Excel, smartphones, PC, tablets, laptops they expect that no firmware or update will be needed because their product is 100% functional?

Of course is not OK to find that some option to not work as expected. If you find it and consider it is important for you you can return de product and not wait for a firmware update. In my country you can return a product in 14 days without any reason, you are not forced to send it in warranty.

Coming back to your post with the Youtube Ben's link, the problem reported by that Youtuber is not the same as the problem reported by the OP. OP said that his card is full after 2 days. If we want to help him we need to know:
- if his camera was recording in parking mode or in normal mode
- is he is sure that the card can not be overwritten by the new videos and the camera just stops recording because the card is full.
Such answers are more easy to be answered if he is inserting the card into the PC because he can order the files based on names, on date created, etc.
If his card is not fake I consider his camera or firmware have no problem.

And regarding the Ben video I have exactly the same Firmware as reported by the OP - V1.0_230928 - installed and the Auto Event and G-sensor both are working using the default camera settings with G-Sensor set at highest sensitivity.

Seems this model is abit of a Lemon, pleased i never bought it and resisted the free sdcard offer :)

just to be clear. It does not work as represented in instruction manual.

Which means if I sell this to a customer and they get hit and do not notice the damage for a week and the footage is then recorded over because auto event detection or time lapse did not lock the video. That is “Parking Mode Not Working.”
After I watched your Youtube video, today in the morning I tested my A229 pro in parking mode. Auto event working, Locking the files working. Firmware used 230912 which came installed on the camera.
Parking Mode is working, Event files are created, here is the screenshot:
PM-V1.0_230912.jpg
First 3 videos are based on Motion Detect, the last ones are based on G-Sensor.

================

After your post here from today when you said what firmware you have installed, also I installed firmware like yours, 230928. The Parking Mode is working for motion detect but the parking G-Sensor is not working like you said in the video.

Coming back to the OP report, no matter the firmware installed the parking mode is working at least for motion detect. If the OP has full card after 2 days of car parked I assume the parking mode was working. And was working based on motion detect and not somebody hitting his car for 2 days continuously.

I totally agree with you about clients and sales, normally you should not sell any A229 Pro until the G-Sensor is solved. I bet the next week the bug to be eliminated. Your customers were lucky because you made the test with the new firmware and not the old firmware.

Seems this model is abit of a Lemon, pleased i never bought it and resisted the free sdcard offer :)
Very good for you to stay away from this camera, and refused a free 256GB card, good luck with your findings. Just not come back for more lemons! :playful:

Seems this model is abit of a Lemon
Incorrect.
A lemon is a finished / completed product that malfunctions over, and over again.

The A229 Pro & A229 Plus are simply "unfinished" products that were released too early without having acceptable public firmware / software.

Viofo is sending samples before camera launch to some users, they to report problems.
You received one sample in september. This bug reported here was reported by you as a beta tester?
If you reported some bugs were they solved before camera launch in october?
What bugs did you reported?

Because if Viofo is sending samples to beta testers and they are not discovering the bugs then the chosen beta testers are not good and should be used another testers.

Viofo is sending samples before camera launch to some users, they to report problems.
You received one sample in september. This bug reported here was reported by you as a beta tester?
If you reported some bugs were they solved before camera launch in october?
What bugs did you reported?

Because if Viofo is sending samples to beta testers and they are not discovering the bugs then the chosen beta testers are not good and should be used another testers.
Let me correct you. They started pre selling while all beta testers products were in the air. At least the beta testers that I know.

I honestly feel we were more of a public tester.

Also the amount of free work done by some testers I am probably 40 hours plus into editing video, uploading, calling @rcg530 and having discussions about what he is seeing. Emailing @Panzer Platform back and forth, contacting Bill and @viofo to try and help get this product polished.

Also posting in the forum as well.

When i recieved the product it was installed in my vehicle same day.

As firmwares are updated in our testing phase people find different things. But really it should be more of a sign nda, ship product 3 months prior and have beta releases every week or so to have a smooth launch.

Either way I think the product is almost there and sure Viofo will get it right.

I did a test and this confused me at first. Motion detection clips are saved in the parking folder, but parking impacts are saved in the read only (RO) folder. Sorry if I missed this and you’ve already tried this, but for people having issues, could you try double checking to see if the impact clip is in your RO folder? That’s where I found mine.

This is why I give the advice to check card footage on PC when people are reporting missing videos. If somebody is reporting a problem or asking for help they should do other forum users are asking, not to start complaining why they should do that.

Back