A229 Pro Not Always Powering On When Starting The Car

He has constant power in his cigarette lighter.
Incorrect.
Power is supplied to the cigarette plug after the vehicle is shut off. But for how long depends on what the battery monitoring system thinks of the battery's health / remaining life.
The vehicle's BMS turns off the cigarette lighter / power point when voltage drops to a specified level.

Try my version too.
OP's vehicle does not have a constant on cigarette lighter / power point.
The vehicle's BMS shuts off power to the cigarette lighter / power point after system voltage drops to a specified level.

OP's vehicle does not have a constant on cigarette lighter / power point.
The vehicle's BMS shuts off power to the cigarette lighter / power point after system voltage drops to a specified level.
Intermittent voltage in the cigarette lighter is when it disappears there after the ignition is turned off,
and not when the car’s systems turn it off due to a voltage drop.
Why are you telling me all this?
I know how the cigarette lighter in OP's car works.
1. If the car's BMS turns off the power to the cigarette lighter/socket due to the operation of the DVR during day trips,
then it's time to check the car's battery and the DVR has nothing to do with it.
2. If the car's BMS turns off the power to the cigarette lighter/socket due to the operation of the DVR during a long stay at night,
then it will be enough to remove the power adapter from the cigarette lighter in the evening, and in the morning when you return it to its place,
the DVR will turn on as it should.

Last edited:
Intermittent voltage in the cigarette lighter is when it disappears there after the ignition is turned off,
and not when the car’s systems turn it off due to a voltage drop.

Why are you telling me all this?
I know how the cigarette lighter in OP's car works.
1. If the car's BMS turns off the power to the cigarette lighter/socket due to the operation of the DVR during day trips,
then it's time to check the car's battery and the DVR has nothing to do with it.
2. If the car's BMS turns off the power to the cigarette lighter/socket due to the operation of the DVR during a long stay at night,
then it will be enough to remove the power adapter from the cigarette lighter in the evening, and in the morning when you return it to its place,
the DVR will turn on as it should.
Incorrect due to misunderstanding, and or translation.
According to the Owner’s Manual for the 2020 Ford F-150 this is how the Auxiliary Power Point functions.
When the vehicle is shut off the Auxiliary Power Point remain on for 75 minutes.
See page 176;

I don’t know what year OP’s truck is but it should be the same for 2015-2024.

Attachments

• 3 .png
    3 .png
    142 KB · Views: 4
  • 2 .png
    2 .png
    197.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 1 .png
    1 .png
    83.2 KB · Views: 4
Not the same thing.
These are different functions.
Correct.
I was going off what OP said.
After I read the Owner's Manual I discovered Op was misinformed how the Auxiliary Power Point functions.

Screenshot 2024-05-25 3.46.10 PM.png

I apologize for the confusion.
I'm willing to accept any punishment up to, and including death.

It's a 2023 F-150, U. S. version. I believe the 75-minute rule is the same as for the 2020s, which weer previous generation. But my understanding from other forums is that it can be less than 75 minutes if the BMS thinks the battery life/health is not 100%.

And I do think we have some translation barriers, all in good faith. I find it impressive how so many worldwide speak at least some English versus how few Americans speak anything other than English.

And I do think we have some translation barriers, all in good faith. I find it impressive how so many worldwide speak at least some English versus how few Americans speak anything other than English.
Some speak English, but most use Google Translator.
Since Google Translator is not perfect, there are difficulties with understanding.
Well, there’s no other way to communicate.

Back