A229 PRO PARKING MODE

Canon T-90

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello & I apologize up front for posting ANOTHER question about this. I've looked at other posts & have become weary & confused over this. This is not my 1st rodeo in the dash cam arena & my previous unit was fairly straight forward.
Rather than trying to explain everything I've tried I'm adding a screen shot of my entire settings page in hopes I can get this settled once & for all.
What I did right out of the box was format the sd card(viofo 512gb) then update to the latest firmware for both camera's(I have all 3 cams) This was all done this past week. I have a hardware kit installed from a previous install which I'm replacing with a viofo unit. This is what I'm trying to accomplish. I want the parking mode working. I'm not sure if Parking Mode icon should be @ the top left of the screen with the engine off but all I ever see is the regular record icon & never hear it say parking mode enabled or something to that affect. I have tried so many configurations.....my head is now spinning out of control.....sort of.:( I don't care if it records via AED {i like this idea but from what I've read it may not work reliably}
or Time Lapse, I just need something that works. One other thing I noticed as that the Interior camera is only to be on when driving & all the videos I've watched to date...its on all the time. So I have it unplugged for now till I can get that worked out as well.
Any help is Very Much Appreciate, Mike
Screenshot_2024-08-18-13-19-32-41.jpg

Last edited:
One other thing I noticed as that the Interior camera is only to be on when driving & all the videos I've watched to date...its on all the time. So I have it unplugged for now till I can get that worked out as well.
Since you have set the interior camera to Only on while driving, it seems that your camera has never enterd the parking mode if it is on all the time.
Do you install our HK4 hardwire kit? If yes, you may have connected both the red and yellow cables to the battery fuse that can supply a constant power by mistake. Please use a multimeter to test and confirm a ACC fuse that only active when your car ignition is on, and then plug the yellow cable into it.

Last edited:
I have a hardware kit installed from a previous device (many years old & is rated for same volt/amp output) which worked very well. I have ordered a new kit thru Viofo & will install when it arrives to be on the safe side. I have the piggyback fuse connectors correctly installed. How will I know if the unit is creating files using the "parking mode". I can see the different camera's being used F/R/I but I don't see any mode info. The other thing is if I'm going with AED which I'd like to do will I need to turn time-lapse off every instance within the menu. Thanks for all the help. Mike

What brand kit are you using? It's possible that kit uses red for accessory and yellow for battery.

I don't know but @ this point I'm replacing it with the VIOFO kit.

I just checked the camera and it appears it is recording in parking mode. I can tell because all the LEDs are off except the power LED. I will check tomorrow to see if it was recording in time lapse mode or AED.

A229 Pro needs to be connected to a set of cables from Viofo.
A set of cables from another manufacturer may not work.
For example, sets of cables from Vantrue do not work with Viofo models.
On the USB-C plug, the plus and minus have the same pins, but the ACC signal plus for Vantrue and Viofo has different pins.

I have a hardware kit installed from a previous device (many years old & is rated for same volt/amp output) which worked very well. I have ordered a new kit thru Viofo & will install when it arrives to be on the safe side. I have the piggyback fuse connectors correctly installed. How will I know if the unit is creating files using the "parking mode". I can see the different camera's being used F/R/I but I don't see any mode info. The other thing is if I'm going with AED which I'd like to do will I need to turn time-lapse off every instance within the menu. Thanks for all the help. Mike
The easiest way to judge if it enters the parking mode is to turn on the voice notification. And you will hear a voice notification "Parking Recording Started" when your car is parked.
If you check the SD card on the PC, the videos in parking mode will be kept under /DCIM/Movie/Parking.
If you view footages in the app, there are also options to choose in the video playback page:
1724179672923.png

The interior camera staying on does seem odd. Hopefully the new hardwire kit will sort that out for you

I've disconnectedthe interior cam for now. I'll be checking footage in bit . I've changed a few settings. Will share results later today.

So the setting I made yesterday were: 1} Parking Mode=AED, 2} Parking Recording Time=12 Hr, Enter Parking Mode Time= Off, 3} Parking Motion Detection= Low Sensitivity.
I went for a ride to make sure the car battery is topped up (battery is new this year) Camera went into parking mode but didn't record anything past around 8-Pm.(recordings were few & didn't go beyond so 30-45 minutes after it went into parking mode) Is there anything within the file system to indicate the camera was still enabled?? If there isn't I'm wondering if there's a way to turn off parking record time & enable time lapse. I seem to remember when trying to enable time lapse a message would come up stating it wasn't possible when AED is enabled. Having the camera record over night is of Primary Importance to me as there is a local thief(s) stealing gas & belongings from cars(unlocked). I've made it my Goal to catch these people which is why I have chosen this devise. Thanks in advance for all the help I receive.

I have this Bluetooth car battery meter:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005007448582947.html

It logs the car battery voltage and temperature and syncs it to the app by Bluetooth. I've had it for a month and I am pleased with it. It might help you see what is happening.

Having the camera record over night is of Primary Importance to me as there is a local thief(s) stealing gas & belongings from cars(unlocked). I've made it my Goal to catch these people which is why I have chosen this devise. Thanks in advance for all the help I receive.
What's stopping you from turning on "Low bitrate parking mode"?
Then you'll have a record of everything that gets into the lens's field of view.
But on a dark night without additional lighting, in any parking mode, the chances of seeing anything are slim.

Most people in this forum have concluded using Low Bitrate Parking Mode is best, as it captures everything including audio, and uses just about the same power as the motion detection and timelapse modes.

What's stopping you from turning on "Low bitrate parking mode"?
Then you'll have a record of everything that gets into the lens's field of view.
But on a dark night without additional lighting, in any parking mode, the chances of seeing anything are slim.
O I forgot to mention I do have 2 very large output motion sensor lights & from the test vids the camera does an outstanding job. I've not considered low bit rate as I want to retain as much high quality video as possible.

Sorry for the delay. I waited till I installed the HK4 Kit. Everything is now recording as it should. I do have a question: the parking motion detection icon is missing from the screen & yet the parking folder has all the vids & all those I checked are 45 second clips which seem to indicated I'm getting the 15 sec.before to 30 sec. after events. I must have something not set correctly but can't figure out what it is. Thanks to all for helping me set this up & getting it running properly. One last thing- I wanted to download the guiformat.exe but can't locate it anywhere on VIOFO'S site. Would like to have that to periodically do a deep format. If anyone has the link please share. Thanks

Sorry for the delay. I waited till I installed the HK4 Kit. Everything is now recording as it should. I do have a question: the parking motion detection icon is missing from the screen & yet the parking folder has all the vids & all those I checked are 45 second clips which seem to indicated I'm getting the 15 sec.before to 30 sec. after events. I must have something not set correctly but can't figure out what it is. Thanks to all for helping me set this up & getting it running properly. One last thing- I wanted to download the guiformat.exe but can't locate it anywhere on VIOFO'S site. Would like to have that to periodically do a deep format. If anyone has the link please share. Thanks
You will see this icon on the screen after the camera entering Auto Event Detection parking mode:
1725114782163.png
Here is the link to the GUI format tool: https://viofo.com/download/guiformat.exe

You will see this icon on the screen after the camera entering Auto Event Detection parking mode:
View attachment 73732
Here is the link to the GUI format tool: https://viofo.com/download/guiformat.exe
O so you won't actually see the icon if let's say you put the camera in standby mode and it's not recording. I was under the impression that the icons show up as a result of how you have the camera setup regardless of whether it's actually in that mode or not. All the other icons appear to let you know how you have the device set up with the exception of this particular icon. Thanks for the link I was able to download it and that's the same link I used and didn't work when using the Firefox browser. Thanks again for all your help.

...One last thing- I wanted to download the guiformat.exe but can't locate it anywhere on VIOFO'S site. Would like to have that to periodically do a deep format. If anyone has the link please share. Thanks
If you're going to do a low-level format of any SD card the best program to use is the one from the SD Association. It will insure that any hidden structures of the card are done properly to insure optimal performance which may not be the case with other programs.

Looks like this is for Windows and Mac only. I run Linux however I have a Windows emulator I could run and hopefully it will work.

Back