A229 PRO PARKING MODE

I use Debian and the sdcard tool linked above works well. The sdcard tools will, as I recall, format the card to the appropriate filesystem for the size of the SDXC card. It formats my 256 GB card to exFat as a default.

Download the tool, extract it, and copy to a desired folder.

Go into Terminal and go sudo or su. Command would be similar to:

sudo /home/user/apps/format_sd /dev/sdd

Of course you will need to use the correct path to the tool and the dev where the SDXC resides. Reading the user manual is a good idea.

My experience is that it is best to simply format the card in the camera. Too much weirdness goes on when moving from a Win PC read/write and then to the dash cam.

Good Advice. I'm running POPOS. I have no way of knowing but there might be a slight advantage with a deep format but the device manufacturer has it built into the device and I'm sure that works just fine.

I have not given POPOS a try yet. Did give Zorin and Mint a try. Passed on Zorin but Mint is a good offering. I wanted to try PCLinuxOS but they have a closed forum and you have to email and beg them to permit you as a user. I had some issue with the download site also, so I gave up on PCLinuxOS. Been on Debian for quite a while, it is stable, does what I need. I should take my old Win box and turn it into a POPOS box and see how I like it.

Good Advice. I'm running POPOS. I have no way of knowing but there might be a slight advantage with a deep format but the device manufacturer has it built into the device and I'm sure that works just fine.

An advantage to using the dash cam format, in my opinion, is that there is a hidden database file that is created on SDXC by the VIOFO file system, or for the file system. This DB appears to catalogue the SDXC. Obviously if you format on a win PC that DB is missing and upon insertion the dash cam file system, or OS, creates the db. Just a guess. Also, erasing video files on a PC and then inserting the card into the camera would cause holes in the MBR that are not reflected in the hidden DB, or so it seems to me. Anyway, not knowing for certain how VIOFO handles the mysteries of their file system, I would say it is better to delete files via the dash cam and to format in the dash cam. Copying from the card to the PC would likely not be an issue but copying a video from the PC onto the card may cause mysterious events. Again, not sure what VIOFO is doing with the file system, so, just speculating.

Back