A229 Pro, when?

Definitely do wanna add CPL on rear for headlights at night though.
I don't know why you would want a CPL for headlights at night?

Didn't look possible due to rear design though.
The standard CPL will not fit on the rear A229 camera. You can stick polarised film over the lens.

I don't know why you would want a CPL for headlights at night?

The standard CPL will not fit on the rear A229 camera. You can stick polarised film over the lens.
Wouldn't a CPL help the rear camera not be affected by the headlights as much? In my mind I just thought it would make the headlights less bright (to make IDing plates during night easier) and since during the day there is so much light anyways it wouldn't make much of a difference.

Wouldn't a CPL help the rear camera not be affected by the headlights as much? In my mind I just thought it would make the headlights less bright (to make IDing plates during night easier) and since during the day there is so much light anyways it wouldn't make much of a difference.
I don't think so, just turn the HDR on and the headlights should be fine.

CPLs remove reflections off glass and road surfaces, if you have a reflection issue on your glass, or if you want to look through other people's windows then they work nicely, but I don't see them helping with headlights, you wont have headlight reflections off your glass in most cars.

I don't think so, just turn the HDR on and the headlights should be fine.

CPLs remove reflections off glass and road surfaces, if you have a reflection issue on your glass, or if you want to look through other people's windows then they work nicely, but I don't see them helping with headlights, you wont have headlight reflections off your glass in most cars.
I have never had a dash cam with good HDR before so I thought everything was dependent on the CPL filter thank you for your help

Oh cool, there is an AUTO HDR feature. Any suggestions on the time frame to use it in?

I am highly impressed with the menu, very nice. On protected files, they can be unprotected and deleted via the on-camera buttons, the menus are logical and well laid out.
Someone had mentioned they thought there was a lag when pressing the buttons, I think what the situation is the keys are "soft" and have more travel then expected.

Tested WiFI / reboot. When in the System Setup screen, I set WiFi to 2.5 and pushed to enable the Wifi. Nothing happened, stayed on the same screen. I moved back to the "view" screen
and the recording announced that WiFi started. What I expect to be honest. No reboot, no lost screen, no glitches. Very nice.

Well, well, well. I can make the A229 Pro reboot on WiFi password change. Using the app on an Apple 7+, changing the password in the app will cause the A229 to reboot. I did this several
times so it must really be happening. :) Not sure how I feel about that but, I can see where from a security aspect or from code that error traps the change, there would be a hard reboot.

I had one instance, using the app, where I bulk deleted about 20 or so files and the app collapsed and had to be restarted.

I noticed when connected via 2.4, a delay between physical movement and the movement see on the app. My A129 Pro does not do this, so there is some issue here.

The camera gets quite hot sitting on my desk and attached to a power bank. The USB-C connector for the rear camera and memory card slot get quite hot to the touch. This is with the IR camera
attached. I expect a high fail rate once summer gets here.

I had one situation where on a bulk delete the app showed the files deleted, refreshed the screen and they were back, left the app, came back in and the files were gone.

I suspect there is an antenna issue with this unit, or maybe all units. I will have to look at the innards and move around the room with WiFi enabled and do more testing.

So far I like the camera, @viofo will eventually iron out some "quirks".

I noticed the same on the manual, I can not download the manual, but can get both of the firmware. I see that @VIOFO-Support has not improved on the naming convention
of their firmware. By now, they should be running with the big dogs and figured out to put a date on the actual binary instead of just the camera name. Users will never know
which FW version they are installing without a version noted in the FW file name, or at least a date in the file name. It would be a good idea as well to note on the website, which
file is front cam and which file is rear cam.
The manual will be updated today, you can check it later.

The A229 Pro handles hot plugging the IR camera in very nicely. Powered via the side port for the rear channel, I hot plugged in the IR and a nice screen overlay came
came up and indicated the connection in progress, the voice response system then indicated a connection and adjusted the two channel resolution. Smooth, very smooth.

Still waiting for my package. It appears that DHL has it, hopefully by Wednesday I'll have mine.

Still waiting for my package. It appears that DHL has it, hopefully by Wednesday I'll have mine.

That is weird. USPS had the package and then handed off to DHL? You package shipped on 26 Sept and now at day 19 and still no package.

That is weird. USPS had the package and then handed off to DHL? You package shipped on 26 Sept and now at day 19 and still no package.
Ordered on the Sep 26, shipped Oct 6th. It looks like it was handed to DHL when it landed in the US, now it's currently in the process of delivering to USPS for final delivery. When I checked the USPS they had the status as DHL partner and waiting for item from them.

OK, I see now. I had thought USPS took the hand off from someone else. Well, if USPS has it then no telling about the status, the package could very be delivered today
or next Friday. :) Frustrating as the dickens, for sure.

Apparently my package was released by customs and is in the hands of Canada Post for processing and it's indicating a possible delivery on 19th October.

OK, I see now. I had thought USPS took the hand off from someone else. Well, if USPS has it then no telling about the status, the package could very be delivered today
or next Friday. :) Frustrating as the dickens, for sure.
I thought USPS would of had it once it was dropped off from customs, but I guess DHL decided to get it. I guess I'll see if DHL does in fact delivery it or if they will hand it off to USPS for final milage. Sometimes DHL does delivery here, and sometimes they don't. Its like the lottery.

Weird as ever, shipping is. Mine came straight DHL from China according to tracking. How my package got from VIOFO to DHL I have no clue, perhaps DHL picked it up at the VIOFO warehouse?
Anyway, I think in the future, when we order from VIOFO, we should state DHL shipping, door to door. Over the years, I have had plenty of packages from China and Europe that once they were handed off to USPS the delivery time would increase as much as 10 days. My future orders from VIOFO will go DHL if at all possible.

РАДИ БОГА, ВЫПУСТИТЕ НА OZON УЖЕ, ПОЖАЛУЙСТА

Back