A810 bricked during installation?

gt0138d

Reaction score
Country
India
Hi everyone.
I joined the forum after looking high and low for a clue on what to do next.

Both a 70mai A810 with the hardwire kit. After running around a couple of times around the guy who said he will install it for me, I decided to do it myself. Wired the rear camera and it showed up on the display. I even rotated the picture so that it showed up straight. Then, I pressed a few buttons and connected the dashcam to the hardwire kit USB C (until then, I had it connected to a powerbank). It didn't work.

I realized that I had installed the fuses in the Fuse Tap adapter incorrectly as even the Hazard lights (which was in parallel to this fuse) was not working. After switching, the lights are working but the dashcam did not turn on.

After that, the dashcam has not powered up when I plugged it into the cigarette lighter provide, directly in the car USB A, and in the same powerbank.

Is it bricked? There is a tiny hole next to the power button. Is there a way to reset this to bring it back to life? Need your inputs as I found nothing so far everywhere I searched until I ended up in this forum.

@gt0138d
Forget about PowerBank. This is an unstable power supply, just like your PC's USB.

1. Hold down the power button for 30 seconds, release it, connect it to the smartphone charger (at least 2A). What's going on with him? Can you record a video?

2. The hole next to the button you are talking about is the microphone. You shouldn't put anything in there. Please)

@gt0138d
Forget about PowerBank. This is an unstable power supply, just like your PC's USB.

1. Hold down the power button for 30 seconds, release it, connect it to the smartphone charger (at least 2A). What's going on with him? Can you record a video?

2. The hole next to the button you are talking about is the microphone. You shouldn't put anything in there. Please)
Thanks for the reply and your answers. Much appreciated. esp. the microphone!! I didn't see that and did put in a PIN a couple of times.

The good news. Left it alone overnight and plugged into a smartphone charger as you suggested and it did power up. Even from the powerbank. So, happy about it.

Also, today, I am able to get it to power up from Cigarette lighter as well as USB port. However, the hardwire kit is not working for me. Connected VCC to Hazard fuse and hazards are working. ACC to USB and USB is working. Either the fuse tap adapter or the hardwire kit may be faulty. How do I troubleshoot them?

The hardwire kit connection is very simple and check these important points:
1. Red VCC wire to constant voltage +12V
2. Yellow ACC wire to +12V when the ignition is turned on.
3. Black GND wire to ground.

You can measure the voltage on the fuses using a tester or a multimeter. If everything is correct, then most likely the parking cable is faulty or you have disabled it or any other reason. I don't know. Ask the experts to check it out.

The hardwire kit connection is very simple and check these important points:
1. Red VCC wire to constant voltage +12V
2. Yellow ACC wire to +12V when the ignition is turned on.
3. Black GND wire to ground.

You can measure the voltage on the fuses using a tester or a multimeter. If everything is correct, then most likely the parking cable is faulty or you have disabled it or any other reason. I don't know. Ask the experts to check it out.
That's odd. The hardwire kits (and aftermarket radios) I have used had yellow for the constant power, and red for switched power.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mentadent A810 8
Q A810 8
Jet Lag A810 2
haiou_f A810 0
I A810 1
Back