About that GPS feature

Ralph2

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900x-Plus in 2022 Palisade replaced the 650
I have the DR650 1ch but believe the GPS works about the same in both. so, my question. How long does it take on average to connect and.. once connected does it stay connected?
I "think" mine is not working as well as it should. Takes 10~15 minutes "sometimes" to connect, will not connect at all sometimes and yet other days on the same route it connects within a minute. Some times it will connect and then drop off for several km's and "perhaps" reconnect. There seems to be no particular direction that it works or does not. There is a note someplace about it not working well if you have another GPS device in use.. I do not understand how that could influence my camera but in any case it does not seem to make a difference if my Garmin is plugged in or not.

I have another GPS device (incidentally also a Garmin) in use quite often, without any conflicts with the 650. Have you checked to make sure the GPS signal is not being blocked by rear-vision mirror, sun visor, or other objects such as windscreen-mounted toll road cards?

The fact it's an intermittent issue may indicate a loose connection inside the 650 - but I don't know how it's connected internally to be able to validate that theory.

Back