Questions about parking mode features.

GAmbrose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.

I'm new to the forum and hope you can help. I've done a bit of research and have ordered the DR650GW-2CH system - it arrived today.

Before installation I wanted to clarify one or two things.

1) My plan was to wire this to my 5 Series touring fuse box and hide the wires in the headliner and pillars of the car. However - The 'Multi Safer' people recommend doesn't seem to be available in my country (UK) and the Power Magic Pro apparently has issues with the BMW Start/Stop? What are my options?

2) I park in a busy public car park, and think the motion sensor will trigger constantly so the camera will probably record all day. So it does not drain the battery, can I turn off the motion sensor completely and still have the G-meter enabled in parking mode to detect impacts/events?

3) If I wanted to do without parking mode, could I still wire it up directly to the fuse box?

Thanks in advance.

1) Celink B=Best Option currently

2) Yes, motion sensor will drive you around the bend (far too sensitive) - set it to 0 (off) and up the G Sensor settings in Parking Mode & rely on that

3) Not sure but wont be any issues with the Cellink B as your camera would always run from that and not your car battery

Re motion sensitivity, have you tried turning off or covering all LEDs, including rear? Any flashing light will trigger.

i had no problems with my 650 and smart power in a citroen but since fitting it to my bmw i get power drain messages
obviously the bmw must have more intelligent battery voltage monitoring

Thats where the Cellink B comes in as your camera/s always run from it, not the car battery

Thats where the Cellink B comes in as your camera/s always run from it, not the car battery

Agreed, we have found the CELLINK-B to be an excellent product. Also, it's impossible to cause an issue because it can only be hard-wired to 1 source (being ignition) so there is no chance of it draining your car battery. As long as you're doing 40mins-1hr of driving in a day you will get 15-20hrs of recording with the DR650GW-2CH.

What's the best voltage cut off setting for the Blackvue DR650GW and a BMW? 11.8?

I got the Multi Safer in the end, it can go up to 12.2V

It's unseasonably mild at the moment: 15°C here.

Agreed 12.2V, even with that the battery is 50% discharged

Thanks, I set it to 12.2v as suggested.

All installed, finally.

Back