About The Price of DVR 027 720p

jackgan

Reaction score
I saw the product review and there are some suggested website to get this product with the price around $60. However, I found that this product (or similar) is sell with $25 on Amazon. I am wonder if the one on Amazon is original version or fake version. Can anyone tell me about the different between them?

Here is the link to the Amazon website:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0053D ... e=&seller=

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a standard "fake" standard definition version of the DVR-027. The tell-tale is the fact that it has the max resolution of 1280x960 rather than 1280x720. In actual fact, the real resolution is 640x480 and it's just blowing up the image in the camera.

There is detailed information about the DVR-027, including how to identify a real or fake model, on the DVR 027 720p FAQ page.

Any DVR-027 selling for around $25 is almost guaranteed to be a fake. Reputable buying sources are detailed on the FAQ page above.

Hope that helps!

rjgscotland said:
That is a standard "fake" standard definition version of the DVR-027. The tell-tale is the fact that it has the max resolution of 1280x960 rather than 1280x720. In actual fact, the real resolution is 640x480 and it's just blowing up the image in the camera.

There is detailed information about the DVR-027, including how to identify a real or fake model, on the DVR 027 720p FAQ page.

Any DVR-027 selling for around $25 is almost guaranteed to be a fake. Reputable buying sources are detailed on the FAQ page above.

Hope that helps!
Oh! I almost didn't notice about the little detail on the resolution! Thank you so much for helping me out!!! Will definitely recommended this website to any of my friend who also looking to get a dash cam. ;)

RJ is correct. When i first started looking for a DashCam i dove right in and ordered the 25 dollar camera from Amazon and it is indeed an SD low quality camera, and my Audio never worked.

Also don't be fooled by Fulfilled by Amazon sellers the one i bought from was Fulfilled and still a knock off.

Before coming across this site and learning how to tell the difference i bought that exact same one you posted
Some pictures of two different ones in a thread below this one here You can see both shots of mine purchased from Amazon and forum member Jack_xD mine came in the same box, but looks a little different and are both knock offs.

I would advise anyone who is looking for a camera to at the very least spend 60 dollars and get something that does at least 720 like a real DVR-027

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S DVR-XX7 1
D DVR-XX7 4
ecnar DVR-XX7 10
mariomart DVR-XX7 1
J DVR-XX7 10
Back