Acceleration sensor sensitivity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is the camera meant to record events when triggered by the g sensor? I've come from a blackvue, which would trigger during things such as emergency braking - but my SGGCX2PRO just cannot be triggered by driving, even crazy driving.

I've tested this off road, with full ABS emergency braking; deliberately turning off traction control and spinning out and going over speed bumps as fast as I dare; all fail to trigger the camera.

It will trigger if I smack the camera itself - but I have to smack it quite hard even on high sensitivity mode.

Is there anyway to increase the sensitivity some more?

it's meant to save files if you have an accident, hard braking etc should not set it off, would fill up with unnecessary files if it did

I can get my DC to trigger a event by G sensor and my driving, but it is not easy, my B1W are a little bit more sensitive, and still testing it while parked kicking a rear wheel set off a event recording.
Which i think are a bit freaky when it seem so hard to do it with driving, after all wearing snickers you cant kick a steel wheel that hard.
On the other hand the Lukas LK 7500 i once owned that one on least insensitive would set off a event recording by looking at it, and i manual had to tweak the trigger parameters over a few days before i got to a point where i only got a event or two on a 40 minute drive.
But you can not do it that way with SG products.
That being said i don't use G sensor as i do not feel it is needed when the camera record all the time anyway, only if you had like a very small memory card can i see it would be a good thing to get events saved like that.
But in general i have about 8 hours of recording time on my memory cards, so even if i cashed bad in a remote place and it took rescuers 6 hour to get to me and turn off my car and save me i would still have the event recorded.

I think the SG cameras come with a default g - sensor setting of low or med, so there should be a option to make it more sensitive, if you have already maxed out that option it would take a change in firmware.

Last edited:
OK. Thanks, that's sensible by design.

I had been thinking of using this camera for some pool vehicles to try to track down episodes of mysterious unreported damage. Not too surprisingly, I will have to look at a commercial solution for that.

I’ve definitely had my GCv3 and I think my X2PRO triggered by driving, mostly potholes and unpaved country roads, but they’re few and far between.

working with the custom values on my lukas camera back in the day, i found some axis more susceptible to driving style loads than others.
And its not like i drive a kick ass sports car, pretty much as far from that as you can get, and still my accelerations and braking was dishing out events all the time on low setting.
The ones having doubt, i would let my car go into parking mode, and then as i said try to kick the wheels or give the body a shunt by giving it a good push in a place on the body where you don't make a dent doing that.

Still i dont get the people that want G sensor on while driving for the reason i outlined above, but i must accept this and try to help them out as dashcams makers are sort of selling that feature.

In general it should be fine unless you get sideswiped ever so gently, do recall as long as you do not get knocked out you always have the event button which i encourage people to use.
If a event are violent enough for you to loose control or god forbid get hurt bad, even the second worse set up G- sensor should be able to pick up that.

Back