Accessory availability for A129?

Keaolyen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Will the hardwire kit for the A119 work for the A129?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B073J5ZZG4
If not, does anyone know what would work or when one will be available from VIOFO?

Also, any updates on availability of the Bluetooth remote and the CPL filter?

Last edited:
I think not, like the SG9663DC the hard wire kit need to be "special" to take advantage of the parking mode features.

From what I read so far, the hardwire kit for the A129 will detect when the is in accessory mode or engine/run mode to determine the parking mode to be used or not. I would think any hardwire kit will work if you're not looking to use parking mode with the A129.

Currently there aren't any accessories for sale for the A129.

From what I read so far, the hardwire kit for the A129 will detect when the is in accessory mode or engine/run mode to determine the parking mode to be used or not. I would think any hardwire kit will work if you're not looking to use parking mode with the A129.

Currently there aren't any accessories for sale for the A129.
Yes, any hardwire kit will work if not using the enhanced parking mode, however make sure it has a decent quality cable, cheap power cables can affect the video quality.

Will the hardwire kit for the A119 work for the A129?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B073J5ZZG4
If not, does anyone know what would work or when one will be available from VIOFO?

Also, any updates on availability of the Bluetooth remote and the CPL filter?

If you intend to use parking mode, that hardwire kit is not adequate. It does not have a proper low voltage cutoff, per the picture of the device it says cutoff is 11.6v, which is basically a dead battery.

Either way I would wait for the 3 wire hardwire kit like mentioned above.

I asked Viofo the following question about parking mode:

So when does the A129 go into parking mode and not record after the vehicle is turned off (but still powered because of hard-wiring)?
After 90s, camera detect nothing(motion and G-sensor shock), it will enter stand-by mode and will not record, screen will be off.

How can I only have impact detection during parking mode? I do not want to record all day because the wind is blowing.
Sorry for that, it can do that at present. But we will forward your opinion to our technical team.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the A129 CPL in their website can be fitted on both the front and rear cam? Additionally, the USD15 price is for one filter, and we need to get 2 units for the front and rear cams, of the USD15 is for 2 filters?

Does anyone know if the A129 CPL in their website can be fitted on both the front and rear cam? Additionally, the USD15 price is for one filter, and we need to get 2 units for the front and rear cams, of the USD15 is for 2 filters?

will fit front or rear, price will be for one, a lot of cars benefit from having one on the front, the rear not so much

will fit front or rear, price will be for one, a lot of cars benefit from having one on the front, the rear not so much

Thanks for the answer. My rear camera has a lot of reflections as the angle of the rear window is quite steep (Honda Civic Sedan 2016), so I guess I need to get 2 units.

Thanks for the answer. My rear camera has a lot of reflections as the angle of the rear window is quite steep (Honda Civic Sedan 2016), so I guess I need to get 2 units.
The rear one will make little difference on a steep rear window that is close to vertical, best effect is around 45 degrees.

I wouldn't call your window steep though! Yours looks much the same as mine, where the rear CPL is definitely beneficial, putting a black blanket over the parcel shelf also helps a lot.

The rear one will make little difference on a steep rear window that is close to vertical, best effect is around 45 degrees.

I wouldn't call your window steep though! Yours looks much the same as mine, where the rear CPL is definitely beneficial, putting a black blanket over the parcel shelf also helps a lot.
A sample of the rear reflections recording on my car. Hope the CPL will reduce this.

Front camera would also benefit from the CPL too definitely :)

Back