Adjusting Focus on the Panorama S

David Schellenberg

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I read in another thread that the ideal focus point is one car length ahead.
I'd like to understand methods of adjusting the focus to that ideal.

If I do it in my car, I need a large display that runs on 12V power and accepts RCA video (The only connector I can find to plug into 2.5mm jack is a stereo audio cable).
I don't know of such a display, and it would probably be too expensive.

If I do it in my house, I still need a display that accepts RCA video. Older CRT TV sets had that ability, but may be hard to find now. Also, I would need power to the camera. Is it safe to power the camera from USB into the micro USB port on the top left of the camera?

Dave S.

We have the following cable on order to try out. After I test it works with the Panorama it will become an accessory option for sale.
5HtFlay.jpg

Please note the microUSB port on the camera is a factory service port only. (not for transferring files) If you power the Panorama in your home or car via this microUSB port, new recordings won't start automatically. Only use the included 12v cigarette lighter port adapter charger for day to day use.

I have not adjusted focus on Panorama, - they all were good for me, but other dashcam I adjust t home. Connect dashcam to TV at home, put 7-8m away car numberplate and this way focusing.

I have not adjusted focus on Panorama, - they all were good for me, but other dashcam I adjust t home. Connect dashcam to TV at home, put 7-8m away car numberplate and this way focusing.
This one may be good, and it may be my expectations that require focusing.
As I look at video, I see that I can read the plate, just not at all distances.

Is there any chance you could upload some raw footage (ie file straight off the memory card) to somewhere like mega.co.nz please?

Any of the Panorama owners could then tell you pretty quickly if it's looking like it's working to expectations?

Sadly not jokiin ;)

I dont have a AV out cable for any of my cameras, so for me its a lenghty process, ajust the lens a Little - record a file - take SD care out and put in computer to view footage. Then repeat if need be :( Slow but you get there in the end.

I dont have a licence plate to focus on so i have been using a pice of model railroad track ( G scale 45 mm between traks ) to focus on the sleepers / ties with my White wall as a background.

The Special AV cable I linked to above has yet to arrive. As soon as we verify it works I'll get more for resale.

Last edited:
Back