AE setting?

Jimbo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Lukas LK-7900 Ace
Looking at the Lukas site and the 7900 ace camera it states it has AE which I have seen working but it also says it can be turned off in the viewer does anyone know where abouts this is as I cant see it?

picture001_zpsaa7268a5.jpg

I captured it from the LUKAS VIEWER guide, which is available on the LUKAS website.

Attachments

• viewer.png
    viewer.png
    118.7 KB · Views: 25
what is the best setting, low? I just clicked high for I have a truck. Over my head I guess.

God I cant see for looking though that does have night in brackets o_O I have it on medium but I noticed the other day it struggled when the low winter sun was out and the outer edges went very dark I might give a low a go and see what happens ;)
Just have a play about I guess ;) I got confused as the site says on/off and I was looking for a on off tick box.

I guess SUV mode increases the exposure as high mounting will mean you have to point the camera down more to see the bonnet? This means that the camera will see less horizon and hence less street lights etc. so will need a little more help brightening things up at night.

Yeah, most car DVRs need to set their focus on (or around) car plates that about 30-feet(10 m) away. That means, Jazzist's saying makes sense to me.

Back