Aiptek X5

krellmk

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone here has anything good to say bout the Aiptek X5.. trying to choose between the Aiptek X5 and the Vico-TF2

Vicovation is better

I am about to order an X5 with GPS ($160 Ebay) because it uses full size SD card and the GPS.
A rare combination these days when the world is moving to tiny micro SD.
I have a G1W and once it took me about 15 min looking for that micro SD when it slips from my finger nail; only to find it under the front passenger seat. G1W has the best video, I just wish it uses full size SD and available with GPS. Youtube video is more than good enough for me.
... plus I trust Aiptek built quality. I have a very old VGA camcorder that's still working. It has been abused & flown on a slope glider.

I would be interested in Powerucc G with built in GPS model but concern with troublesome firmware history of earlier model as reviewed here.
Plus: full size SD up to 64Gig
Minuses: old fashion power plug, I prefer mini USB for flexibility
Again, I hate anything "micro" , the use of micro USB plug - fragile - mini is more rugged & easy to determine orientation.
Can I use DataKam for player ?.

1. I would be interested in Powerucc G with built in GPS model but concern with troublesome firmware history of earlier model as reviewed here.
2. Plus: full size SD up to 64Gig
3. Minuses: old fashion power plug, I prefer mini USB for flexibility
4. Again, I hate anything "micro" , the use of micro USB plug - fragile - mini is more rugged & easy to determine orientation.
5. Can I use DataKam for player ?.

numbered for ease of reply

1. firmware already sorted on this model
2. supports up to 128gb
3. it takes 12~24v straight in, nothing to do with USB
4. the Micro USB port is just a service port, not for use when recording etc
5. yes, fully supported

Thanks,
Regarding #3, you are saying that no adapter to step down to 5V needed.
Can be wired directly to switched 12-24V.

yes, direct power so you could pull power feed from a nearby interior light circuit or similar if you wanted, no converter etc required

Well, I took the plunge and ordered the X5 with GPS from Ebay, shipped from Taiwan.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K AIPTEK 0
GeorgesNJR AIPTEK 15
E AIPTEK 16
Back