Alternative cigar usb power cable

Sm@

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hi guys,
I was wondering, if I wanted to use a cable of length suitable for my car (250/300 cm) Usb 90° A to C or A to 90° C, and connect it to a Usb port of at least 2A power cigarette, which cable could I buy thanks ?
N.b. cigarette lighter socket is Acc, when stop the car go off (i know that cutt off parking mode but i don't need me this function)
Nice day

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-08-20-16-13-46-742_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-08-20-16-13-46-742_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd-edit.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_2023-08-20-16-19-55-027_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-08-20-16-19-55-027_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd-edit.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_2023-08-20-16-17-37-234_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-08-20-16-17-37-234_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd-edit.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 2
Hi guys,
I was wondering, if I wanted to use a cable of length suitable for my car (250/300 cm) Usb 90° A to C or A to 90° C, and connect it to a Usb port of at least 2A power cigarette, which cable could I buy thanks ?
N.b. cigarette lighter socket is Acc, when stop the car go off (i know that cutt off parking mode but i don't need me this function)
Nice day
What do you dislike about Viofo products? :unsure:

HK4 HARDWIRE KIT works great with Viofo models, even if you do not use the parking mode, you just need to turn it off in the menu.
Plus all the wires are hidden from prying eyes and do not spoil the view in the car.
If suddenly you ever need a parking mode, it will be enough to turn it on in the menu.

Last edited:
I already have the hk4 hardware kit, but I'm waiting for the cables to insert in the fuse holder, but since they will arrive in 10 days and I won't be able to do the job for a month, I thought about using the cable that plugs into the cigarette lighter temporarily.Unfortunately the cable supplied with the Wm1 is a single piece.In my car this socket is in the ashtray compartment and if you use the viofo cable I can never close the flap.For this reason I thought of using a USB A to C cable with the cigarette lighter socket with 2 USB A that I already own, this way when I lock the car I can pull the cable out and close the flap.But is any cable of the right length fine?

P.s. d2000 no have usb type C

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-08-20-21-52-00-622_com.google.android.documentsui-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-08-20-21-52-00-622_com.google.android.documentsui-edit.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20230820_215013.jpg
    IMG_20230820_215013.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 3
I already have the hk4 hardware kit, but I'm waiting for the cables to insert in the fuse holder, but since they will arrive in 10 days and I won't be able to do the job for a month, I thought about using the cable that plugs into the cigarette lighter temporarily.Unfortunately the cable supplied with the Wm1 is a single piece.In my car this socket is in the ashtray compartment and if you use the viofo cable I can never close the flap.For this reason I thought of using a USB A to C cable with the cigarette lighter socket with 2 USB A that I already own, this way when I lock the car I can pull the cable out and close the flap.But is any cable of the right length fine?

P.s. d2000 no have usb type C
Аny cable of the right length fine.

The D2000 has usb type C.
I changed the link in the previous post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sm@
Viofo cameras tend to be more sensitive to voltage and current fluctuations, especially with longer runs of cable. For this reason all Viofo cameras and hardwire kits ship with either thicker wired 22 AWG or 20 AWG cables. Most aftermarket USB cables on the market are usually 24 AWG or 28 AWG and these cables have thinner copper power wires inside that can cause problems running your camera such as flickering screens, buzzing noises in your audio and other issues. So, when you purchase a USB cable make sure it has the proper AWG (American Wire Gauge) so your camera performs properly.

Sometimes, it can depend in the individual Viofo camera. My old Viofo A119 V2 would have a flickering screen and noisy audio when I ran it off a 15 foot 24 AWG aftermarket cable yet a A119 V3 runs fine from the same 24 AWG cable even though that camera ships with a 22 AWG cable. The A119 V2 ran fine off a 10 foot 24 AWG cable. I don't own a WM1 so I don't know how tolerant it may be to running off a thinner cable than what it ships with.

Last edited:
I connected my WM1 with a standard 1 meter data cable.
For 2 months of work, no problems were noticed.

One meter is no problem, it's longer 3-5 meter runs of cable that become problematic if the wires are too thin.

A person needs to connect WM1 for 10 days until the fuse adapters arrive.
I do not think that he will take a 3.5m cable ... :unsure:

He doesn't state how long a cable he needs. I notice the ones you linked from Viofo are 3.5 meters and 4 meters though.

The cables from Viofo, to which I gave links, work with WM1 without problems, although they are long.

The cables from Viofo, to which I gave links, work with WM1 without problems, although they are long.

Yes, that's what I am saying. Buy the cables from Viofo and there will be no problem. Buy from some other source and you may not get something that works with the WM1 or any other Viofo cam.

I was just trying to explain that that Viofo cables have a thicker AWG than most other USB cables you can find on the aftermarket.

Thank to all
I agree that you need a correct awg especially if you exceed 2 meters, I haven't yet measured the length i need, but even if it's a temporary situation I wouldn't want the cable to be too visible.I should probably make it with 2.5mt but I don't know if this length exists while 3mt seems so. Too bad the viofo cable is a whole piece and not good for my needs, and in any case if I am not mistaken it is 3.8mt too long for my car.
Viofo do not have a usb cable A/c !

Last edited:
Usually, if the cable is too long you can roll up the excess and hide it somewhere. With my two side facing cameras the only cables I could find that would work in my truck are too long so the excess is hidden under the floor mats before they get routed up to the windows.

Shure, but i need a cable usb A/90° C while that come default is lighter socket/90° C so can also reduce lenght to 2,5/3 mt.

100w fast charging certificate cable can be use with dashcam ?

Last edited:
You may be able to find what you need online but just make sure it has an adequate AWG. Some people make their own custom USB cables using a crimper and the proper connectors. You might be able to find a local electronics shop that can make up what you need. "Maybe" something from Amazon might work for you but it is hard to say if the wire gauge is thick enough. You might find a 90º version. It might help if I could read Italian. :)

https://www.amazon.it/gp/B07YS5HN6B

That looks pretty good! The fact that it looks pretty thick and handles 5 Amps suggests that it might be what you need. Plus it's pretty cheap so you haven't much to lose if it doesn't work. One of the reviews says it arrived quickly to Italy.

LMAO first of all do not buy a cable from aliexpress or alibaba. 99% chance they are BS lies spec. and for .99 cents really you are better off using a wire hanger you jam in there would prolly have the same short out effect but more power. 2nd not just any cable will work. I have an Anker Powerline III USB C to USB C Charger Cable 100W which will not power on the mini or wm1 for nothing. Not sure what it is or the echip they are using but they couldn't even tell me. I got sent another cable and same thing. Works with a usb 3.1 version cable though so idk. Your best bet order the mini charger cable and charger from viofo for $15 and use that cable even if you don't use their charger. Ankers 323 52.5w car charger works fine and supplies more than enough power.

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone is using these AliExpress cables for dash cams but many of these cables seem to have a great many 5 star positive reviews. The main complaint seems be that for some people the 90º angles on the plugs are backwards for their requirements but otherwise most seem to like the quality and say they function well.

Back