Alternative for Blackvue Power Magic Pro?

PirateJoshua

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I bought 3 Blackvue Power Magic Pro and one of them randomly stopped working. I contacted the company; no reply. Contacted them again; no reply. Contacted a different division of BlackVue; they told me to contact someone else. Contacted the other person; They told me to contact the Amazon seller (BlackVue official). Contacted the Amazon seller; told me to contact BlackVue via email.

Clearly BlackVue has terrible support, and now I think my warranty is up. Obviously don't want to own anything from them again with this terrible support, so I am wondering, what other vehicle discharge prevention would you suggest? I am from Canada and using A119 cams.

How are you contacting BlackVue? Via email on www.blackvue.com or email cs@pittasoft.com? Highly unusual that they're not replying to you/swinging you around.

Who did you purchase the Power Magic Pro from?

What are the PMP issues that you're experiencing?

How are you contacting BlackVue? Via email on www.blackvue.com or email cs@pittasoft.com? Highly unusual that they're not replying to you/swinging you around.

Who did you purchase the Power Magic Pro from?

What are the PMP issues that you're experiencing?

BlackVue.com, they replied via cs@pittasoft.com. They told me to go through the Amazon distributor, which was the official BlackVue, which told me to contact them via BlackVue.com. It was just a cycle, and my warranty expired since.

I purchased from BlackVue official Amazon.

No power. It just doesn't work anymore, it's dead. When I swapped the black switch box out for my other one it works, so it's the box itself.

A good alternative, and much easier to install, is the Blackvue Power Pro EZ. You don’t have to hardwire it into the fuses just plug it into the OBD port which is usually located near the steering wheel below the dashboard. It does the same as the Blackvue Power Pro by keeping power to the dashcam with ignition off until the battery voltage reaches a preset level and then shuts off. There is also a third party version, which is the one I use, called the Conecta BlackVue Dash Cam OBD Power Cable. They also make a version with a micro USB plug for other dashcam.

I had issues with a PMP from Amazon as well. Turns out it was an old model. When I go back to the item on Amazon, through my order history, it’s a completely different product.

I will only purchase my dashcam equipment from BlackboxMyCar now. Two cams and equipment and never had an issue with support. Which is also odd from Blackvue. I usually get a definitive response from them within 48 hours, usually less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back