Alternative mounts

thirdmolars1996

Reaction score
Country
United States
What alternative mounts are available for this camera?
I saw the extra mounting plate for 10.00+15.00 is outside of my price range for a piece of plastic with 3m tape.

I'm looking for something like a suction cup type of mount..

For example.
I mounted the Itb-100 in my primary car...
But I do rent other vehicles on the weekend......to drive home
i.e. I commute between Las Vegas and Orange County weekly.

I would like to easily remove my camera and mount it temporary in a rental car (you cant use adhesive mount plate on rental cars.)....

Any suggestions other than buying a 2nd lower end camera with suction cups.

Thanks

In your case the best solution is some suction cup.
This is interesting if you can to insert the ITB mount between that two brackets. But that long type mounting system is not good because is too long and the camera will vibrate because no steady fixing. The mount arm must to be short as possible.

This is interesting because is short, is universal and you can use the brackets, but I don't see the suction cup.

Moving the ITB from one car to another is not so easy also because of no display. After mounting if you don't have some external display to test the ITB position you must to use only your eyes and imagination to put it in the right position.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hi thirdmolars1996,

The ITB-100HD will probably need some kind of custom mount since the original mount is quite unique. The easiest solution is to buy a roll of 3M dual lock velcro and use it on the rental vehicle (just remember to remove the small velcro piece from the windshield before returning the car). Not the best solution by any means though.

Using the Velcro will create vibrations.
Using the adjustable brackets will tighten the camera. You can use my latest suction cup idea because the ITB lens are on the side of the camera, not central.
You are not forced to use only my suction cup solutions but try to find one with very short arm and adjustable sponged brackets.
Also you don't need to use the original itronics mount and you can unmount it from that screw and use only the camera.

enjoy,
Mtz

PS: sorry for my bad english, I am from Romania. :roll:

How easy is it to dismount the itronics from the mount on a daily basis. If i were to take it home after I park? The screw appears awfully small and difficult to get to between the glass and the camera?

It is very hard with the original mount.
I was thinking about dismounting it and I was searching for a solution using some quick mounting solution to stick it on the original Itronics.
English is not my native language so is hard for me to explain the idea, but think a this pair:

The big one placed on the windshield and small one placed on the Itronics mount using the original adhesive, but the small mount to be modified to be flat so you can stick it.
Itronics should make this by default.
If you have some links from where to buy some pairs of "things" (what is the english name for this ?) like that will be great because it can be used on other cameras too.

Also I am (still) thinking to stick the ITB-100HD on the rear mirror directly on it because the back side of the camera is not used. I know there is the microphone and the sound will be not so good, but I will not put tape over it. Will be a little work to put it perfect horizontal and vertical, but with an external AV monitor and some work I think is possible. And if my work will be permanent I think it is the best solution.

If your rear mirror is not black just paint it wilt a matte black color spray.

enjoy,
Mtz

Attachments

• QuickMount.jpg
    QuickMount.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 635
Yes, I know is a surf mount for Gopro and is not complete for my idea because is missing the part which will be on the camera. But I still don't know how these things are called in english because it is a type "sliding ribs" "sliding rails"mount.
So we need the pair, one to stick to the camera and one to the windshield.

enjoy,
Mtz

Attachments

• sliding mount.JPG
    sliding mount.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 618
  • Adhesive_Mount_Kit.jpg
    Adhesive_Mount_Kit.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 620
Very hard to dismount or almost impossible? Judging from the picture i don't see how you can stick a two fingers in between the windshield and the camera to unscrew the hinge. Are you able to dismount from the mount on the windshield?

You can cut the hinge. Some gopro users are cutting their mount hinge for easy removal.
That pictures were just examples. Best are mount without hinge. Because of camera almost vertical position on windshield we don't need hinge.
Best is if you can fit this:
hinge
into something like this:

enjoy,
Mtz

Attachments

• ihd.jpg
    ihd.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 569
  • base.jpg
    base.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 569
Maybe a set screw along with that so it doesn't move around but locked into place.

That means you have to invert the camera upside down......so that it drops into the mount..
If it was right side up.....it will fall out? unless you have set screws...to hold it in place....

I have to use quite a few different trucks at work so the cam needs to be portable.

I've just cobbled together a windscreen mount - this is just my first effort so might need a bit of tweaking. I just bought a generic mount from ebay and filed down one of the fins so that the Itronics could rotate properly.

Sorry about the crap picture quality.

i.imgur.com_sAOsnK9.jpg

i.imgur.com_dtGXblF.jpg

For the suction cup style I think your solution is very good. Congratulations! But maybe you can add some black tape over that blue thing.

enjoy,
Mtz

Thanks!

Yeah, I'll probably do something to make it look a bit nicer. The blue thing is just part of a felt-top pen trimmed down to size. The washer on the outside is from a bicycle presta-valve.

It seems to hold the cam pretty firmly though so is a good solution for me at work.

Back