Amazon Might be Finally Doing Something About Fake Reviews - Apeman Delisted

Here in the UK there are quite a few 'professional' dashcam reviews and one make allways seems to come first.

Having had long term experience of this make, not my current one, I fail to understand their reviews. It's almost as if they've powered it up in the office or in the car park then compared clarity across the dashcams on review.

They obviously haven't installed and driven over various road surfaces or activated parking mode as their reviews don't match my experience or posts here.
lazy reviewers, (or ones with vested interests) will often take the bulk of their review content from pre supplied material from the supplier of the product

Here in the UK there are quite a few 'professional' dashcam reviews and one make allways seems to come first.

Having had long term experience of this make, not my current one, I fail to understand their reviews. It's almost as if they've powered it up in the office or in the car park then compared clarity across the dashcams on review.

They obviously haven't installed and driven over various road surfaces or activated parking mode as their reviews don't match my experience or posts here.

May sound a bit conceded, but I don't think you can do a review in a "few days". People like @SawMaster and similar testers with integrity, run cameras through the paces. Park in the hot sun. Test Parking Mode. Run in various lighting conditions (day, dusk, night). And then after driving for some time, and getting a sense of reliability, then write a review.

Being first to "post" wreaks of a shill. Like a kid who has to raise his/her hand first. I'd rather get a well rounded sense of a product, than some yahoo raving about a camera he/she barely powered on.

My 2 cents.

lazy reviewers, (or ones with vested interests) will often take the bulk of their review content from pre supplied material from the supplier of the product

There will always be three categories of reviewers.

1. Those who are paid / leave a review because they feel a sense of obligation for getting free products and "returning the favor".
2. Reviewers who leave negative reviews, because they don't understand a product, and the negative review arises from user error.
3. Reviewers who understand, test, and give honest feedback.

Prime example Street Guardian on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/product-revi...e=all_reviews&pageNumber=1#reviews-filter-bar

85% 4 or 5 star reviews. We know your company is honest and has integrity.

I'm sure the other 15% fall somewhere between reviewers who don't have a clue what they're doing and some faulty cameras (mass production) that ultimately need replaced through an RMA. Upseting people who then leave negative feedback.

I think it's crazy a supplier would allow bad reviews to be put on their site.

I think it's crazy a supplier would allow bad reviews to be put on their site.
Just the opposite. Unless the reviews are dishonest, smart businesses respond to indications that their products are not working in the real world.

Just read an article about another electronics company getting de-listed and they mentioned that "RavPower" had been de-listed earlier. IIRC some folks here use powerbanks by them.

I've got nothing against "professional reviewers" as long as they're honest and don't try to hide faults; we've got a few of them among our ranks here. I don't know how they acquire their cams but they seem to do good reviews. One in particular answers questions quickly so I know they've had to have done a thorough job to have the answers that fast from their memory and not having to look them up in a manual or online.

But I've seen the other kind elsewhere online- too many of them. If a site shuts them down they'll pop up elsewhere, or with places like Amazon and Ebay just register another account in a different name and keep going :mad: Amazon is moving slow but at least they're moving which is a good thing ;)

Phil

Just read an article about another electronics company getting de-listed and they mentioned that "RavPower" had been de-listed earlier. IIRC some folks here use powerbanks by them.

I've got nothing against "professional reviewers" as long as they're honest and don't try to hide faults; we've got a few of them among our ranks here. I don't know how they acquire their cams but they seem to do good reviews. One in particular answers questions quickly so I know they've had to have done a thorough job to have the answers that fast from their memory and not having to look them up in a manual or online.

But I've seen the other kind elsewhere online- too many of them. If a site shuts them down they'll pop up elsewhere, or with places like Amazon and Ebay just register another account in a different name and keep going :mad: Amazon is moving slow but at least they're moving which is a good thing ;)

Phil

Per what I posted above (and reposted below): Making a new account wouldn't circumvent these restrictions. Plus, Amazon is a Big Player. Sure they might by reviews on reddit or other places, but they have MUCH LESS a foot print than Amazon.

There will always be three categories of reviewers.

1. Those who are paid / leave a review because they feel a sense of obligation for getting free products and "returning the favor".
2. Reviewers who leave negative reviews, because they don't understand a product, and the negative review arises from user error.
3. Reviewers who understand, test, and give honest feedback.

Prime example Street Guardian on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/product-revi...e=all_reviews&pageNumber=1#reviews-filter-bar

85% 4 or 5 star reviews. We know your company is honest and has integrity.

I'm sure the other 15% fall somewhere between reviewers who don't have a clue what they're doing and some faulty cameras (mass production) that ultimately need replaced through an RMA. Upseting people who then leave negative feedback

I have seen countless Amazon reviews that go along the line ....... 'Arrived promptly, 5 stars'.

I have seen countless Amazon reviews that go along the line ....... 'Arrived promptly, 5 stars'.
we have 100% positive feedback score on eBay but some of the replies are just like that, when you check the user history they generally use the same phrase on every single purchase

No RavPower powerbanks available on Amazon UK. As mentioned earlier, its a shame they resorted to such tactics since they made good products. I have long-serving powerbanks from both RavPower and Aukey. I bought an Anker one last month - wonder if they will disappear too?

Yup. I've actually read the reviews on many listings which I don't think very many people bother to do, at least in any depth. Only a small percentage discuss the actual product attributes. I think people (well at least some of them) feel obligated to say something but don't want to spend any time on the process. Something like how we might say "Good Morning" to a stranger we pass, while neither meaning anything by what we've said or actually caring about them. Or returning the same greeting simply because you're "supposed to do that".
No RavPower powerbanks available on Amazon UK. As mentioned earlier, its a shame they resorted to such tactics since they made good products. I have long-serving powerbanks from both RavPower and Aukey. I bought an Anker one last month - wonder if they will disappear too?
Yeah, it's sad to see good products go away simply because someone broke the rules, which with how the system functions is almost necessary for a company to remain competitive at Amazon. Aukey weren't bad cams, and even Apeman had a little value in being one of the better cheap cams. Vava who is also de-listed certain deserved it with their overt flaunting of the rules in offering $40 gift cards for 5-star reviews. I don't know if Anker plays the game- I hope not- as they don't really need to; they do excellent products which will gain them all the positivity they could want. But so did RavPower...

Which brings us to a conundrum: While we can't ethically support rule-breakers and indeed they should be punished for that, who now is going to be the bigger loser- the customer that Amazon is supposedly trying to protect or the companies who broke the rules? :cautious: If Amazon removes the better or best products we the people lose as much or more than the companies making them :cry: Yes, we can still buy those products elsewhere, but most people aren't going to do that unless they're already seeking that exact product. The majority of the people are just going to go to Amazon and buy whatever they can find there, which could end up with them needlessly getting inferior products :eek:

That's why this worries me, and why I'm for fixing the problem by eliminating the thing which allows it to happen in the first place.

Phil

Which is equivalent to my other 'favorite'....."I ordered the wrong thing, 1 star".

Well a few weeks ago, some guy tried to kiss me,,,,, on the cheek mind you.
I had to brush him off cuz i am not that kind of guy ( the hugging or kissing kind, i am barely a give hand guy as i dont believe touching hands is that much of a sign of mutual respect )
And i never seen him before, i just got into the shell gas station and they ( behind the counter ) was talking about phones not lasting long, and i just made a comment to that that my phones last plenty long.

I was like what the hell possess you to kiss another person just like that, and not least a person of the same sex, i just dont get that even if i am aware of my devilish good looks :LOL:
I do know there apparently is a agenda to femizise boys in Denmark, and it start at day #1 in school.

Also just had a good laugh, some TV program about current events.
Apparently some kid writer made a comment on the Danish flag, very negative and i am sure for most Danes made then not happy. ( me i dont care much in general i am not that patriotic )
I looked 1 time at the 20ties guy sitting there in the TV studio wearing +5 CM high heel boots, and his hair in a manbun,,,,,,, and i was so past that.
Not forgetting that as a writher he is probably heavy subzidized by tax money, and then he bithe the hand that feed him,,,,,, he should only know what i think Denmark should do in this cultural regard, which is if the theaters - opera writers - painterd cant sell their crap, well they should go under, or at least not be kept floating by tax money.

I noticed today Jeemak (another brand of action cam in Canada) is gone too. This leaves only:

- Akaso
- Dragon Touch (Also Akaso)
- Leadedge / Crosstour / Apexam (all cheap TERRIBLE M-Star cams that I suspect will be banned too soon)
- A couple generics (likely fake Novatek clones)

Of course there's still DJI and GoPro but it is looking extremely sparse now.

Some of the brands with actual decent products are gone now. Dashcams do not seem to be as affected as there is still lots of choice but I'm sure it is coming soon.

Well a few weeks ago, some guy tried to kiss me,,,,, on the cheek mind you.
I had to brush him off cuz i am not that kind of guy ( the hugging or kissing kind, i am barely a give hand guy as i dont believe touching hands is that much of a sign of mutual respect )
And i never seen him before, i just got into the shell gas station and they ( behind the counter ) was talking about phones not lasting long, and i just made a comment to that that my phones last plenty long.

I was like what the hell possess you to kiss another person just like that, and not least a person of the same sex, i just dont get that even if i am aware of my devilish good looks :LOL:
I do know there apparently is a agenda to femizise boys in Denmark, and it start at day #1 in schoo
What's wrong with you boy!?!? He had the hots for you and you broke his sweet and tender heart!!! :LOL:

I'm not an homophobic person but I admit that kind of behavior is unacceptable to do to an extrange person regardless of sex or gender.

But I also rather to have that instead of a pissed off Karen or the casual sob attempting to assault me with a gun to rob me of my belongings or the loose change on my pocket.

Some of the brands with actual decent products are gone now. Dashcams do not seem to be as affected as there is still lots of choice but I'm sure it is coming soon.
I'm sure this is correct. And TBH it could have a wider range of effect than a lot of people realize :eek:

But now the consumer is losing too, and that's not good :(

Phil

Back