AMBARELLA A7 chipset dashcams offering 1080p @ 60Fps or 2K @ 30Fps

jsan

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I was looking at the VioVation's Vico-Marcus 4 dash cam. It is based on the A7 processor which offers 2K video and HDR as well as 1080p @ 60Fps.

I'm really excited about the 1080p @ 60FPS.

I think the Marcus 4 is a bit too big. I like the size and looks of the Vico WF1 Now what would be really awesome is if WF1 came out with the same features as Marcus 4, while retaining the same functions like the Wifi, and an added small screen. The screen is only to display a glimpse of the video and the speed using the GPS like the DOD cameras do.

So are there any other cameras coming out with A7 chipset, in the coming month or two?

Just so you know, the camera will trottle back on FPS as it get dark, it have to do that othervise the footage will be too dark.
Current cmos sensors need 1/30 second exposure time to provide useable night footage, only new more sensetive cmos chips can provide 60 FPS all hours of the day.

To my knowlege even the most expensive action ccameras do the same.

I bet there is a lot of A7 based stuff in the pipeline, but it will take one of the more knowlegebel Guys to narrov this statement Down ;)

I dont get the marcus 3 now that the 4 is out, and the 3 is only using the old aptina cmos chip, if i fell over a purce with a couple 100 buks in it i might use them on a M4 :D

Just so you know, the camera will trottle back on FPS as it get dark, it have to do that othervise the footage will be too dark.
Current cmos sensors need 1/30 second exposure time to provide useable night footage, only new more sensetive cmos chips can provide 60 FPS all hours of the day.

To my knowlege even the most expensive action ccameras do the same.

I bet there is a lot of A7 based stuff in the pipeline, but it will take one of the more knowlegebel Guys to narrov this statement Down ;)

I dont get the marcus 3 now that the 4 is out, and the 3 is only using the old aptina cmos chip, if i fell over a purce with a couple 100 buks in it i might use them on a M4 :D

I was watching Techmoan's review for Marcus 3 and he mentions that thing about dropping fps at night.

I'm in the market for a dashcam and I want to get the best one out so far or coming in a month or two.

Street Storm CVR-A7810-G is another one that has an A7 processor

This thread didn't gain much traction, I was hoping to get some brands and model names that have A7 image processors.

If nothing else I might go with Markus 4, but the size of it is a bit big

This thread didn't gain much traction, I was hoping to get some brands and model names that have A7 image processors.

If nothing else I might go with Markus 4, but the size of it is a bit big

Panorama II/S 103 x 48 x 36 = 177984
Markus 4 72 x 53 x 33 = 125928

As far as I am aware, the Panorama II/S are not considered large. So why is the M4?

Panorama II/S 103 x 48 x 36 = 177984
Markus 4 72 x 53 x 33 = 125928

As far as I am aware, the Panorama II/S are not considered large. So why is the M4?

I think the real issue here is the form factor more than the size. The Marcus is very visible when placed in position and the problem is made worse by their mounting scheme.

The Panorama isn't known for being particularly small and discreet either but being a horizontal rectangle it seems to lend itself to more stealthy installation.

Back