Another broken unit

Harmont

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey guys,

After a few months of use mine has broken down as well. Same problem - distorted image. On top of that it goes into an infinite reboot cycle once in a while.

I tried to contact shpkorea to replace the unit, but they haven't been answering for two weeks now. I've sent them another message. Lets see whether they answer this time.

Just wanted to know if anyone's had experience of contacting them and returning the unit back. Because I haven't had much luck so far.

Attachments

• camcorder_issue_sm.jpg
    camcorder_issue_sm.jpg
    392.7 KB · Views: 28
what model you got there?
sorta looks like my blackspew when it gets too hot.

It's Panorama 2. Shows the same green image all the time. Seems that it has nothing to do with overheating. Just a defective unit.

Finally got a reply back from shpkorea. Was asked to upgrade firmware. Hasn't make any difference apparently.

OK, so I'm returning the unit back now. However, the seller asks me to send $25 for shipping back to me after a repair. Which sound a bit odd. My understanding is, that I have to pay for shipping TO the seller only. Delivery from seller to buyer should be at his own expense.

Thoughts?

I think most do it that way but its not a rule or anything, will vary by seller and I guess its a reflection of their operating margins, selling products at low margin doesn't allow much room to move to pay for things that go wrong

Another downside of buying 'abroad'. In the UK, the sale of goods act says that the seller is responsible so the faulty cam would be returned to them. If the seller needed to return it to the manufacturer, then they pay for the shipping.

Frank

We always pay for the shipping of any new replacement items sent to the customer. It's only fair to share the cost of doing business. I wouldn't feel right asking customers to pay both ways.

Doesn't sound right to me either. The fact that it's defective is not my fault. That's just for starters. I'll contact the seller to clarify.

Back