Another example of why you need a dashcam if you drive in Thailand

dash riposki

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
too many
The female driver in the cam car is chatting away with her young daughter passenger, when this cop motions her to pull over, and chews her out for 'cutting him off'.
Cop is in the dark pickup on the left. (appears around the 1:00 mark in video)
I guess he knows how to use the 4 way flashers, but not a turn indicator, or the overhead cop lights?

When she set off again after the talk its not in a nice way it seem, pretty much just turn and start moving and cars just pass buy so its not like there are a hole for her to rejoin in.
Seems like she want people coming from behind to stop for her, just like it also appeared to be the cops take on things.

Dashcam country for sure :eek:

This is a standard cop intimidation tactic - 'I have a marked police car and I rule the road'. It doesn't matter that the cam car just let in the car in front of the cop, or that they may have been watching the car on their right trying to come in, or that the cop did not use and indicator !!

She failed to read the road (because she was talking I expect). I would have done a merge-in-turn in that position and let the cop car in - even if it hadn't been a cop.
But being inattentive and inconsiderate are pretty common and not usually specific offences in themselves. Since the cop hadn't acted properly either he had no right to complain at all.

Back