Anti static strip

Primus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I bought a 70mai camera as a temporary solution until I could fit my own cam to my car,
I now want to install the 70mai camera in my sons gf,s car, do I need a new anti static strip, ( the round bit that you stick on the windscreen and then stick the camera to it) , or can I just mount the camera direct to the screen using a new sticky pad?
does the strip actually do anything, and where could I get one from if I do need a new one,
thanks…

The anti-static strip makes it easy to remove the camera, sometimes they can be reused if you keep them very clean and clean the glass well before application, although it does also depend on the type of anti-static strip, some are more reusable than others. Try it in the new car, it will be obvious if it is sticking or not.

There is no need to use the anti-static strip, the sticky pad will bond very well to a very clean window, but it does need to be a grease free window, which I think is why the anti-static strips are included, they do not need grease free glass.

To remove the antistatic strip, peel it off starting in 1 corner, you just need to let some air get under it for it to come free. If you want to reuse it, do not get any fingerprints on it.

Thank you for the prompt reply
i think the strip is pretty much done for, I will just stick it onto the screen, after giving it a good clean

Back