Any codecs to add so registrator viewer can read video clips of Dome G90 and other dashcams?

Sunny

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than I can review. ;)
I get file not recognized when I try to cut videos from G90 and few others.
What's the solution?
thanks

I tested for two videos:
  • one from the version without GPS
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : QuickTime
Codec ID : qt

• and another from the version with GPS
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : JVT
Codec ID : avc1

and it's working to cut the videos using set selection start (A)/set selection end (B) and save selection.
My actual configuration is: Win 8.1 Pro x64 + K-Lite Codec Pack 11.10 (Full) + Registrator 6.0.0.8.

Registrator's Playback settings are:
- Splitters: Use internal MOV/MP4 splitter and Use preinstalled (from DirectShow)
- Decoders: Video and Audio - Auto
- Renderer: EVR

Last edited:
I have k-lite.
it opens file but doesn't work with arrows so have to use mouse to play, move etc.
Saving/cutting is when it gives error.

Works fine with nt96650 based dash cams.

Last edited:
tried the same files on another PC, often find it's some other program on the PC that clashes and causes problems like this

If you can wipe out the mess that codec packs leave in the registry, try ffdshow-tryouts.

The error is 'Unable to read data' and 'File not recognized' even though it plays it but the file list has a small yellow warning triangle.

I installed 2nd instance of windows 7 and it looks like the error went away.
I'll go back to old instance and see what's causing it to error as that instance has crap load of codecs (maybe the problem) than this fresh install.

When you install K-Lite it will ask if you want to clean up the older codecs.

Okay found one that fails all the time even in new install with all the codecs.
.avi files from Lukas LK-7950WD.
Notice the yellow warning sign:
Registration-viewer-Lukas-AVI-file.PNG

Notice the video file cursor is at the end instead of beginning on the files it handles properly.
View attachment 13858

Sometimes crashes trying to cut:
Registration-viewer-Lukas-AVI-file-error-saving.PNG

Can't cut:
Registration-viewer-Lukas-AVI-file-error-saving-0.PNG

Attachments

• Registration-viewer-Lukas-AVI-file-read.PNG
    Registration-viewer-Lukas-AVI-file-read.PNG
    423.2 KB · Views: 7
It's kind of supported, if the video stream is compressed with MJPEG codec (Novatek 96620). Such files are shown as damaged but do play nevertheless. @Sunny for editing these I'd use virtualdub or avidemux, they have far better support of AVI container.

It's kind of supported, if the video stream is compressed with MJPEG codec (Novatek 96620). Such files are shown as damaged but do play nevertheless. @Sunny for editing these I'd use virtualdub or avidemux, they have far better support of AVI container.
I have way too many tools to use but most are not direct stream cuts.
I was looking not to have to spend time on processing.

Both of these can do direct cuts.

Back