Any Dashcams have external memory buried in car to prevent vandal from stealing Dashcam?

Clemente

Reaction score
Country
United States
Any high quality dashcams I can buy that send videos that are triggered by an event (specifically vandalism of my car) from the dashcam through hardwiring to memory storage system located in a difficult to access area in the vehicle?

I'm new to dashcams but need to get one now do to repeated vandalism to my car. Is my understanding correct that the vast majority of dashcams store event videos (triggered by motion, impact to your car, etc. when in parking mode) in the memory of the camera itself--either on a memory card or on a fixed storage system in the camera?

If so, how if I buy a dashcam and a vandal damages my car again, how do I stop him from breaking into my car and simply walking away with the dashcam?

I don't want to use Cloud based off site storage as the primary means of preventing theft of the camera with the vandalism incident also vanishing with the hauling away of the camera by the criminal.

Are there any high quality dashcams that allow video events captured in parking mode, like vandalism or motion, to be sent via wire from the dashcam to an external memory capture device that I can have buried in a place in my car that would take so much time it would cause many criminals to not attempt to trace the wire to where the video event of vandalism is stored? My thought is I could have the wire go from the dashcam to the external memory storage box that would be, say, in a notch cut out in the metal chassis of the car which would be difficult for a vandal to get at unless they have a die grinder or heavy duty saw of some sort. I could have the external memory box welded into such an area, or welded onto it.

Some vandals might not even think to follow the wire, assuming that most dashcams have the memory storage inside the camera.

My needs aside from this feature are ideally a four camera system (front, back, and two sides of the car to capture vandal coming at my car from any direction; excellent low light (night time) recording capabliity (not using IR illumination); but works great in a parking lot lit with typical dim overhead lights, or dim moonlight--I also park inside parking garages with poor artificial lighting too. I return to my car from work when it is night, so lighting is always poor whether in a parking garage or outdoor municipal lot.

Want high resolution too so can capture the vandal's face and license plate clearly enough to show police some images.

If I can get Cloud storage system also that would be good, but don't understand enough about this system and any cons involved in this type of system which would also have merit in order to keep a vandal from just hauling off my dashcam after he damages my car, and poof, the police evidence is gone!

I've seen dash cams targeted at commercial truck drivers that meet a lot of these requirements, but they're pretty expensive.

Back