Any new wisdom on purchasing memory cards for Mobius camera?

I use sdformatter freeware to make larger cards FAT32. Windows built-in software won't do anything bigger than 32GB in FAT32, but sdformatter will. Transcend UHS1 class 10 is what I prefer and my Mobius likes them.

Hi SawMaster, I'll have to check out sdformatter. Do you format your cards in the the computer or how? I run Linux Ubuntu 16.04 so if your link won't work with Linux I'm going to try and find a copy of MS operating system.

I dropped by Moibus home web site to see what they had to say about SD cards and they had a message up about changing to Samsung Evo SD cards. Something about a rash of problems with the former card they recommended. If they are now recommending them for their cameras I might just change my mind about the Transcend cards. The Samsung EVO's are a lot cheaper! However I don't really know, without knowledge I seem to be doing a lot of jumping around, LOL!

Thank Heaven I almost have all the things to put it together in the truck.

The 64 Gb Samsung Evo I've been buying on Amazon are working well in 3 different dash cams.

Hi dash riposki, Are you formatting in FAT 32 with aftermarket software like SawMaster just above this reply? All you guys must be running MS windows.

Always format in-cam, pretty much standard advice. It's just that some cams can only format FAT32 so if the card starts as exfat, the cam can't handle it, so you change the card format on your computer first, then the cam will do a formatting in the way it prefers.

Mobius and G1Wc both worked on FAT32, but neither cam could format a card taken from the other cam, even with all the accessible files erased. To resolve this so that one spare card would work and format inside either cam, I first formatted the card on the PC using sdformatter since the windows-supplied junk couldn't, and then it would format inside either cam afterward. That has something to do with the hidden files on the small 'reserved' section of SD cards and is a common problem when switching cards between almost all cams.

Phil

The orange one? :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00IVPU7AO
I'm not sure what the difference is with the green samsung evo cards is they sell? Evo Select?

The orange ones have been working well for me in 32gb and 64gb size. They dropped in price two dollars since I last bought any. :) The 64gb is 19.99 now.

I see I bought them in early june, so that means they have been running in the truck mostly 24/7 since then, without any problems.

I'm not sure what the difference is with the green samsung evo cards is they sell? Evo Select?

The orange ones have been working well for me in 32gb and 64gb size. They dropped in price two dollars since I last bought any. :) The 64gb is 19.99 now.

I see I bought them in early june, so that means they have been running in the truck mostly 24/7 since then, without any problems.

Thanks for the information, These SD cards get really confusing!

Always format in-cam, pretty much standard advice. It's just that some cams can only format FAT32 so if the card starts as exfat, the cam can't handle it, so you change the card format on your computer first, then the cam will do a formatting in the way it prefers.

Mobius and G1Wc both worked on FAT32, but neither cam could format a card taken from the other cam, even with all the accessible files erased. To resolve this so that one spare card would work and format inside either cam, I first formatted the card on the PC using sdformatter since the windows-supplied junk couldn't, and then it would format inside either cam afterward. That has something to do with the hidden files on the small 'reserved' section of SD cards and is a common problem when switching cards between almost all cams.

Phil

Thank you Phil, I'm printing this and putting it in my Mobius folder.

ADD: Phil are you running MS Windows as your OS(operating system)?

I'm running Linux Ubuntu and SDformatter didn't have a Linux version.

Last edited:

I went back to Amazon and they had this to say about the Orange EVO cards: Compatible with devices with SDxC slots-usage in non SDXC slot lead to reduced performance!

Does the Mobius Camera have the SDXC slots, how does one tell? I wouldn't want to get a card that wouldn't work well according to the manufacturer if ones device "Mobius " doesn't have SDXC slots, what ever they are. Must be where you put the SD card in the Mobius.

Anyone know?

Back