Any other usable batteries apart from the Cellink or Thnkware?

As per the the title, are there other usable (cheaper), alternative batteries for battery back up in parking mode other then the Cellink or Thinkware ones as they seem to be really expensive?

I just got back on here after while, any-who short answer is yes. There is a ****tone of other options that are far more cost effective and better than the ones offered by the dash cam market (not my opinion but a fact, (Which one's you ask. PM me) I just need to vent for sec here, I join this forum thinking that there was going to be some real info but honestly not trying to bash on anyone, this crap on here is the same donky kong crap thinkware and the call centers dish out on the daily. "Oh that doesn't support that" "Well, I sell blah blah for so many Blah blah years and I've never blah blah" No one comes here for a lecture or any other forum nonetheless. I have a set of batteries that support 12v (The required amount for all USA based dash cams) Fully powered 100% off the battery pack and not the car battery at all. Down side, I Take it out and charge it at home. Yes that's the only downside, My battery lasts for 33hours until fully dead. I bought two packs (4 batteries) and still saved money compared to buying the celllink crap and extender.Ok i'm done.

I would love to say that makes me so glad i bought the F770 instead of the F100 but as the quality with 2 cameras on the F700 is so poor I can't. :oops:

So in summary my thoughts about the F770 are;

1. Thinkware make their cameras to only really accept their own SD cards at hugely inflated prices that they only guarantee for 6 months (which in my opinion really says a lot about the quality of these cards) despite ThinkWare telling customers that their cards are the 'Rolls Royce' of cards. :ROFLMAO:
2. The quality when viewing footage on the Thinkware App is so bad Thinkware actually recommend using an alternative player instead of theirs. :eek:
3. If you leave your car for the day while at work, the parking mode only really works with a 128gb card or greater if you want your vehicle covered all day. (see point 1)
4. If you want to run 2 cameras you will also need to buy one of their expensive batteries to get the parking mode to run all day otherwise the cameras will stop working after about 4 hours.
5. Time lapse parking mode is so ineffective as a 'mode' it just isn't worth having as an option.
6. In parking mode even in the most insensitive setting it records EVERYTHING that moves. Even rain landing on the windscreen.
6. If you run 2 cameras you will struggle to identify a vehicles registration plate in the footage if both vehicles are on the move at speed.
7. In incident mode the least sensitive setting never goes off (even if you hit really large potholes) but just one setting up it activates when going over almost every speed bump and small imperfections in the road.

I could go on but .... :unsure:

In short I would not recommend an F770 camera (and at present not any other ThinWare product) to anyone.
I've already pusuaded 3 of my friends not to buy one and make the same costly mistake I have and will continue to do so to other people who remark on how unobtrusive the camera is on the windscresn (its only really good point and even then Thinkware and most other manufacturers it would seem, only make products that allow the lens to be as close the centre of the windscreen as possible for left hand drive cars).

We all buy products that tick all the boxes on paper and get great reviews in reviews (biased perhaps?) but i reality are really not that good in our life and in my case its the ThinkWare F770 ....

My luck has been different, I am using a Samsung 128gb class 10 card. There is a caveat that a lot of customers do not take into account or they are unaware of is the SD card to function should be one specifically to support multiple overwrites/writes (Recording/Rerecord) as it will heat up due to direct sunlight, improper venting and lack of fan to disperse heat on the dash cam and this will cause skipping of some clips to see extreme pixelation.

Another issue is, the settings on the camera are not precise and thus captures useless sh!t.The lens is not polarized (WTF, for real?) it requires it and this causes a lot of footage to not be distinguishable to read a plate number.

Furthermore, some of the issues you raised is pretty much on point however having two oppose to one camera makes no difference in the quality and the issue with the 4 hour slot might be due to 2 things. The amperage cut-off within the camera settings and the the battery providing power to the camera. If the amps drop below let's say 12.5amps then the camera will turn off to avoid a battery drain.

Chiming in on this thread. I've had the Thinkware F770 for 5 months now, running on 2 channels. I must say it was a poor purchase. The quality of the recordings is EXTREMELY bad. I don't understand how this company is selling a close to $400 "premium" dashcam and it just gives you pixelated crappy video. The quality you get is what would've been considered good if we were living in 2005. There's absolutely no reason this dashcam costs so much and gives you the same potato quality video you can get from a $50 dashcam you can buy off of ebay. I did a side by side comparison of my F770 and a $50 Aukey I got for my wife..the video quality is the SAME. All the people pushing this dashcam as "premium" and "high quality" ought to be ashamed!

Chiming in on this thread. I've had the Thinkware F770 for 5 months now, running on 2 channels. I must say it was a poor purchase. The quality of the recordings is EXTREMELY bad. I don't understand how this company is selling a close to $400 "premium" dashcam and it just gives you pixelated crappy video. The quality you get is what would've been considered good if we were living in 2005. There's absolutely no reason this dashcam costs so much and gives you the same potato quality video you can get from a $50 dashcam you can buy off of ebay. I did a side by side comparison of my F770 and a $50 Aukey I got for my wife..the video quality is the SAME. All the people pushing this dashcam as "premium" and "high quality" ought to be ashamed!

Spot on, my take exactly. After tinkering with low end models, I bought an F700 and Cellink Neo when we bought a new SUV over the past summer. Primarily for parking mode. If I had to do over again I wouldn’t buy the F700. I would stick with the Aukey or Viofo models I use on my old car. [emoji1744]‍[emoji3603]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back