Any Thoughts/experience with the Alpine Dashcams?

ketchuphed

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm putting an Alpine head unit into my Jeep this weekend and see that Alpine offers a dashcam that actually integrates into the stereo system (access videos and some basic controls) It has a high ($450) price point so I definitely wanted to see if anyone had experience with it before even starting to consider dropping more money to Crutchfield. Specific model for Alpine is DVR-C320R. Not sure if it's just a Thinkware rebrand like other Alpine cams have been.

No these head unit systems are not something that see much mentioning in here.
I am wondering is the footage getting processed in the head unit or do the camera do all the work and at best save the footage to the head unit / a memory card in the head unit.

If it is sort of just getting powered by the head unit, i would question if it is a path to take.

Also come to think of it, are these kind of systems even able to do parking guard.

No these head unit systems are not something that see much mentioning in here.
I am wondering is the footage getting processed in the head unit or do the camera do all the work and at best save the footage to the head unit / a memory card in the head unit.

If it is sort of just getting powered by the head unit, i would question if it is a path to take.

Also come to think of it, are these kind of systems even able to do parking guard.

As far as I can see, this is a standalone dashcam that doesn't require an Alpine head unit to function. The head unit interface just gives you easier access to some settings and a quick way for video playback. It does have parking mode and its own pigtail hardwire kit to switch from park/drive mode.

As far as I can see, this is a standalone dashcam that doesn't require an Alpine head unit to function. The head unit interface just gives you easier access to some settings and a quick way for video playback. It does have parking mode and its own pigtail hardwire kit to switch from park/drive mode.
It is a Thinkware dash camera. It can function stand alone. However it has capability of integrating into Alpine head units.

Does anybody know what Thinkware model it's a rebrand of?

Back