Any way to live stream with SG9665GC?

theTastyCat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all - a friend of mine just live-streamed his drive home in the midst of a snowstorm. I'm not sure what cam he was using, but I know our 9665s have an AV-out - might there be any way to do this with our cams?

Many thanks, all!

Can you ask your friend how exactly he was life-streaming and what equipment / devices he was using for that?

He just replied back to me that he used his iPhone - apparently you can click "Status" on the mobile version of Facebook, then click "Live." Which explains why the quality wasn't magnificent! But it was cool.

Here's to hoping that we can use our A/V ports in a similar way!

You would need the following

-RCA to USB video capture device. (for Composite video signal)
-Netbook running Windows.
-LTE Hot Spot (for the mobile data) connected to the netbook via WiFi.
-UStream or other live streaming service. (that would be difficult to activate in the car)

This would all be quite expensive, require a lot of ongoing maintenance, and eat up your data plan quick. (all for a low res version of your HD recording)

Last edited:
I think you can now use a GoPro to livestream to periscope.
Although i believe its a bad idea to stream and drive (especially if you are reading the comments and replying to them)

Fortunately I was grandfathered in on Verizon to unlimited data and I've got a wifi hotspot on my phone, so there's two hurdles out of the way...I'd just have to figure out a free streaming service and get the USB capture device.

I wish there was a way to stream via iPad mini...I keep it with me and it would be super handy to be able to hook it up whenever, but I don't believe the lightning port is intended to be used for a USB-type live camera connection - there are iPad camera connection packages but I think they're more for the transfer of files off a camera. I'd love for an iPad to just go ahead and come with a USB port!!

You might as well just mount your iPad on the dashboard and use its built in camera when you want to stream live.

Well the voice of reason - why on earth didn't I think of that. Just gotta make things more complicated, don't I? Haha! Thank you again, Pier28 - you guys truly are the very top of the line. Never had better customer support from any other company in any field! Thanks again and keep up the great work.

Back