Anybody have older Cloud Viewer (Windows) releases?

bpsmicro

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I had 3.11 installed, which has a bug that I can't change the playback speed. Annoying, but I wasn't really following releases much because I don't use it often.

Eventually I looked, and 3.16 was out. The good news is the playback-speed bug is fixed. The bad news is now it crashes trying to play back most videos (including videos that play fine with 3.11 & older, and in VLC/etc). Of course, Blackvue doesn't make it easy/possible to download older versions to test.

Does anybody have Zips for 3.15/3.14/3.13/3.12 available. I remain hopeful that maybe I'll find a version that has a minimal set of bugs (or at least bugs I can tolerate).

I do have a file repository of the BlackVue Cloud Viewer for Windows on a Google Drive share. It's part of my file repository of firmware files for various BlackVue dash camera models that I've tested/reviewed.

In the "BlackVue Cloud Viewer Windows" sub directory, you'll find a variety of current/previous versions of the BlackVue Cloud viewer program. These are my copies of the files I downloaded from the BlackVue website over the past several years.

Google Drive Share - BlackVue Firmware File Repository

I do have a file repository of the BlackVue Cloud Viewer for Windows on a Google Drive share. It's part of my file repository of firmware files for various BlackVue dash camera models that I've tested/reviewed.
That's awesome, thanks. I never understand why Blackvue doesn't maintain their own repository, especially given that they seem incapable of NOT introducing a new bug for each one they fix. I stopped updating my camera firmware because of that, constant chasing of new bugs. :-|

That's awesome, thanks. I never understand why Blackvue doesn't maintain their own repository, especially given that they seem incapable of NOT introducing a new bug for each one they fix. I stopped updating my camera firmware because of that, constant chasing of new bugs. :-|
Google Drive just flagged versions 3.11 to 3.16 as violating their file sharing policy. There appear to be some contents in the BlackVue provided zip files that Google is unhappy about. I've had to remove those files.

Google Drive just flagged versions 3.11 to 3.16 as violating their file sharing policy. There appear to be some contents in the BlackVue provided zip files that Google is unhappy about. I've had to remove those files.
Luckily, I managed to grab them all in time. And it looks like 3.15 is the sweet spot in terms of minimal bugginess.

Mighty suspicious timing though. Makes me wonder if somebody here squealed. :mad:

Luckily, I managed to grab them all in time. And it looks like 3.15 is the sweet spot in terms of minimal bugginess.

Mighty suspicious timing though. Makes me wonder if somebody here squealed. :mad:
Google Drive was complaining about the contents of the zip files. Those versions have much much larger zip files and must contain something that Google Drive's scanning did not like. I've scanned them on my system with Norton Anti-Virus and I cannot find anything "wrong" with them. IDK.

The Zip files just contain the installer EXEs, which were digitally signed by Pitasoft. So definitely legit. And if they'd been infected in some way, the digital signature check would have failed. So Google was probably talking out its ass again. :)
I'll look at options to store them somewhere and PM links. I still think BV should be doing that though.

Back