Anything small and Discrete?

Well even just a front camera can prove a lot of things in case of a rear ending, it can prove you was allready stopped, it can prove you did not slam on the braked before the idiot hit you, if the front camera have a GPS it can prove you drove nice and regulary before you was hit, if you did slam on the brake for some reason the front camera will allso catch that.

For the most i think a front camera is enuff, but many of us addicted ppl just cant stop there, and so we have 2-3-4 cameras, and then there is the lost cases which have 4-5-6-7 cameras in the car ( mostly for testing offcourse ;) )

Oh ya, I didn't think about it that way. We were both changing into the middle lane and I was out in front and the other guy came up from behind and swiped the back rear bumper and just a foot along the side as he came to a stop. He was at a high rate of speed and couldn't stop in time.

Ya I might paint the toll tag. Although the good thing here is that you don't have to use it and the computer will match the photo with your account so its not a biggie to forget to put it up :)

I have similar need like the OP. My car is 2007 Camry. Have been looking for small & discreet cam and a reliable one. I might get one for the rear as well. Is the Mobius ok to install in the back? Where do you connect the cable since there is no car's lighter socket in the back? For the front, I might get GW1 C or Mini 0805.

I have a 2005 Camry, no side air bags AFAIK.
I have Lukas rear cam cable tucked into the trim all the way around with a butter knife. Just crack it little and push the wire all the way around.
Done.

I have two wires under the headliner trim.
Not noticeable as shown below:

dsc01976-small-jpg.12550

dsc01977-small-jpg.12551

Last edited by a moderator:
Why so many camera Sunny? Do you ever worry about someone breaking into your car to steal them when you park?

Why so many camera Sunny? Do you ever worry about someone breaking into your car to steal them when you park?
Redundancy - he's paranoid and OCD about a failure. :D:rolleyes:;)

I have a 2005 Camry, no side air bags AFAIK.
dsc01977-small-jpg.12551

@Sunny and @Bushman123 - you will know you have side curtain airbags in a toyota by looking for the SRS AIR BAG logo in the top of the pillar trim - usually all three of them will have it. if your 05 camry has side airbags, they're more likely to be in the front seats themselves, and that will be indicated by a small fabric tag sticking out from the door side of the upper part of the seat.

also - did anyone else notice the currently empty Mini080x plug on the far left of the photo above? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, my setup is not discreet at all and I don't worry about anyone breaking in to steal them.
In fact, I think they actually deter wannabe thieves.
I don't have that setup all the time.
I have multiple dashcams when I'm testing and comparing them for reviews.

haha... maybe. This is one of the good OCD's to have. ;)

also - did anyone else notice the currently empty Mini080x plug on the far left of the photo above? :D
No side air bags on my Camry but my 2000 lexus has them on the front seats.

I sent my mini body back for replacement but looks like it got lost somewhere so the gps mount is still there with a hope that a replacement is coming soon, hopefully.

If I was a thief I would be wondering if he has one hidden somewhere.....:D

That's just the front windshield. ;)

Did you have to install a second battery and alternator to power them? :D:eek:
maybe he has a hybrid and he runs them from the 300v hybrid battery. oh wait, there was no hybrid camry in 2005... the hybrid camry came out in 07 or 08 - newer body style than the 02-06.

it's unlikely that there will be key-switched power in the hatch. chances are the only electrical in there is parking lights (including license plate lights), and possibly brake and reverse lights. and if your hatch has electric open/close, or a remote button to pop the glass portion, those latch electrics will be in there, but none of it will be useful for you since it won't be turned on or off with the ignition. Sorry, but just trying to keep it realistic for you.

your closest power source in the back will probably be a 12v accessory outlet in the cargo area. otherwise, you'll probably need to run wire all the way to the front and tap into the fusebox or existing lighter or radio circuit. in my car, i actually tapped into the power window/sunroof circuit. and yes, they do make hardwire kits - i have one for my a118.

That's what I like in my Lexus RX300.
There is a 12v accessory outlet in the trunk area to plug one (ahem multiple) dashcams on the rear window. :)

Did you have to install a second battery and alternator to power them? :D:eek:
I have run up to 6 (or 7) dashcams at once and car hasn't died yet.

If someone sees so many dashcams, - they may get frighten and run away, like after seeing an UFO :)

"Paranoia" ? , I would say it's more like a "Dashcam-Philia" ... or just the right time to visit a doctor :D

2013-11-30 19.06.36.jpg

2013-11-17 19.02.28.jpg

2014-06-07 17.46.34.jpg

2013-09-29 22.03.04.jpg

2013-11-17 18.59.52.jpg

2014-02-21 20.28.07.jpg

2014-08-23 22.37.03.jpg

2014-08-04 09.32.21.jpg

2015-03-02 14.31.23.jpg

4 dashcam installed in car.jpg

You guys are pros in connecting these wires and cables . I can't do it. I think there is no way I can get dash cam for the rear. I might be able to do something for the front windshield. I hope it is easy with the G1W or Mobius

You guys are pros in connecting these wires and cables . I can't do it. I think there is no way I can get dash cam for the rear. I might be able to do something for the front windshield. I hope it is easy with the G1W or Mobius
if you do it properly, the hardest part is getting a cable from the underside of the dash to the upper part. after that, the rest is pretty easy. even when you have to deal with airbags.

in one of my cars, i simply tapped into the power window circuit down in the kick panel, and extended it up to the front roof console using speaker wire, so that i had a key-switched 12v circuit there. i feed 2 cameras from that now, so that i don't have to dig into the dash or A-pillar trim if (when) i ever change the camera. once you have power up top, adding other stuff is easy. even running it to the rear of the car isn't too bad in most cases. it's only when you have to go through a hinge like on a hatchback (including van/suv) that it gets a little more tricky... but i still maintain that even doing that is easier than trying to fish a wire up from below, through the dash. it's just such a tight, awkward area to work in. at least in the back (of a hatch/van/suv) you're just standing there, or maybe even sitting on the back bumper while you work. no weird contortions necessary.

Is there a simple instruction video on how to connect the power cable from Windshield to car's lighter socket? I do not want to hard-wire this into the car and would rather rely on cig lighter power source. Don't want power cord cable dangling down the middle of front 2 seats. I am looking at G1W -CB or the Mini 0805 dashcam for my 07 camry

Last edited:
Back